JoomDev: A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site (1/1)

Introducing astroid v2.0 with article types, custom badges and much more. Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 3 weeks 6 days ago #8376

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 2
I really like Astroid.
I had tested when it came out but decided this week to give it a real try... and to remake my own website with it (woluweb.be).

If I may, here is a couple of suggestions and a potential bug
- suggestion 1 : for background video, one can only select a local mp4 file for example. Why not an external mp4, or even Vimeo / YouTube for example ?
- suggestion 2 : Astroid ships with its own Media Manager. Two things :
(i) that Media Manager would not "refresh" the list of files on my site when I upload files (via the Media Manager itself or via FTP)
(ii) personally, I prefer to use my own Media Manager (the one of JCE) and I dont need/want to have another one. Would it be possible somehow to give priority to the default Media Manager ?
- bug (?) : [note : I am on Astroid 1.3, so I am aware that maybe it is not yet the stable version] when I played with the Options of Astroid, it happened several times that colors and/or typography came back to default. I can not really reproduce, but I had the case several times.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 3 weeks 6 days ago #8381

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 156
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the feedback, this is exactly what we need and helps us improve:
Replies in order:

1. We will see if we can get the vimeo, youtube and other 3rd party video's enabled for the background video feature. Thank You.
2. About the media manager: there were a couple of reasons we decided to do our own. One of them being that the whole build UI is (even though in Joomla) is outside of Joomla framework and is not using any of the Joomla styles or JS and thus we have very limited inheritance of Joomla's core features (editor, media manager and such) and the 3rd party extensions. We will see if we can use Joomla core media manager or that other 3rd party extensions (i.e. JCE) in the upcoming releases.
Media Manager Refresh: I'd think we can slide in a refresh button somewhere on the media manager screen to refresh the list of files displayed.
Typography reset: I'll be honest, I had it a few times as well back on version 1.2 or something but I wasn't able to reproduce and neither was our QA so we kind of gave up, I'll see if we can find and fix this in an upcoming release.

P.S. We have astroid 2.0 coming up with a gazillion new features, brand new UI and a ton of new things sometime within the next week or so. Stay put!!!
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 3 weeks 6 days ago #8383

• admin
  • Administrator
By the way, www.woluweb.be/fr/ looks really nice.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 3 weeks 5 days ago #8392

• Marc
Txs very much for your quick reaction again and for the detailed reply.

Another suggestion I have thought of : an overlay color for the Banner (with your nice color picker having transparency option) ?
And also, in the Colors options of Astroid : a selector for the Primary color (being used for btn-primary, bg-primary etc). Because as it is now, the default color is your famous blue... but the only way to change it is to play with css.

Again, I can only be positive about Astroid :)
If I dare sharing those suggestions it is only to make it even better than it is already ;)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Marc.

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 3 weeks 5 days ago #8393

• admin
  • Administrator
Thanks again Marc.

I agree on the overlay color for banner and will try to get that implemented soon.

About the additional options (color and such) for overriding bootstrap defaults, this will internally solve a big conservatory/mystery in our team where we are struggling to see if the Joomla Audience (Astroid audience in this case), even cares so much about bootstrap defaults. Because there are a lot of bootstrap settings that we can list in the astroid backend but for some users that might make things more confusing and for other may be not so much.

We'll see where the destiny takes us. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Thank You,

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 1 week 6 days ago #8677

• Marc
oh, one more thing
in the Social icons of the Framework :

target="_blank" is there but the corresponding "rel nopener" is forgotten in the html

Second thing : on a standard Joomla contact form, when you use the field "send a copy to yourself", the checkbox appears below that text, which is weird
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Marc. Reason: added second point

A couple of suggestions after using Astroid on my own site 1 week 6 days ago #8678

• admin
  • Administrator
Thanks Marc, will get that added in the next build.

Thanks again,
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds