JoomDev: Issues with Astroid (1/1)

Introducing astroid v2.0 with article types, custom badges and much more. Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Issues with Astroid

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 3 days ago #8409

• kalasoft
  • photographer, artist, programmer & athlete
Dear JoomDev,

First, congratulation on building and releasing your Astroid Framework and Zero template. It is most impressive! I re-built my personal photography site (edhathaway.com) using Astroid v1.3.0 and this re-build went super fast however, I did encounter a few issues I'd like to pass along;

1. When I add a new Section or Row, I am able to add items into them and they will show-up on the frontend after saving. However, when I return to the template layout none of the added Sections or Rows appear in the layout (screen shots attached). Thus any further save attempts drops all data added to these new Sections or Rows are gone from the frontend.

2. The same issue happens when I adjust the Typography colors. They show & save but if I return to the template settings, all of the color adjustments revert back to the default color(s). I have to manage this task via custom CSS.

3. Offcanvas needs to offer a right screen opening. The default left only opening forces the user to have to mouse travel all the way across the screen after clicking onto the Offcanvas icon. On my re-build I added custom CSS code to make this happen.

4. The hamburger menu icon needs a have a desktop On/Off option. On my photography site I don't want to show the menu tree, just the hamburger menu icon on all devices. Currently I'm using Offcanvas on desktop/laptop displays and hiding them on small screen devices.

5. I know your template offers a full array of switches to toggle between small/large screen devices but your template framework does not support Bootstrap 3 individual 'Module Class Suffix' settings to assist in showing/hiding modules via this module class setting.

The above is what I've encountered so far with this rebuild and can't progress to much further based on the above issues. That being said, your Astroid Framework shows a great deal of promise and will be perfect for my new Joomla! builds and re-builds in the future. Thank you again!!!

In regards,
Ed H.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 2 days ago #8432

• priyasingh
  • Thank you received: 27
Hello,

Thanks for using the Astroid Framework.

1. We have tested and haven't found the issue if you could please tell us the scenario when the issue is occurring.
2. Yes, there's an issue with Typography and we are currently working on the same and soon we are going to release an update.
3. We will add this feature in our template settings so that user can open the off-canvas menu in the direction right or left.
4. In order to obtain this you can follow these simple steps: 5. Astroid is fully developed on Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 3 classes will not work. Use Bootstrap 4 classes in the module class suffix.
getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/utilities/display/#hiding-elements

Let us know if you require any further information.

Thanks,
Priya

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 2 days ago #8436

• kalasoft
Priya,

Thanks so much for your reply. Please review my response to the issues I'm having with Astroid v1.3.0

1. I created an MP4 video that you can view specific to Sections/Rows not saving. You can view it here: edhathaway.com/transfer/Astroid%20-%20Ar...%2010_26_16%20AM.mp4

2. Thank you for this info.

3. Thank you. This will be a excellent added option

4. I created an MP4 video that you can view specific to having the hamburger icon showing on all device monitors. You can view it here: edhathaway.com/transfer/Astroid%20-%20Ho...%2010_59_16%20AM.mp4

5. Once I added the Bootstrap 4 classes, all is good! Thanks for this info.

If you need any additional data regarding the remaining issues with Astroid v1.3.0 please let me know.

In regards,
Ed H.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 2 days ago #8437

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 156
Hi Ed,

Priya is out for the day and will be back in the AM (our time) and will have the replies for #1 and #4 in your list. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 1 day ago #8444

• kalasoft
No worries Chetan. Thanks for the update!

FYI: When I install the Quickstart package the new Sections/Rows that I add are saving!

In regards,
Ed H.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 1 day ago #8445

• admin
  • Administrator
Thanks! That's helpful Ed. We shall be back.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 1 day ago #8451

• priyasingh
  • Thank you received: 27
Hello,

#1. I'm so glad it worked for you.
#2. Sorry, I was unable to understand your issue, so I request you to please undo the steps which were directed by me. And,
In order to show the hamburger menu icon on all devices, there's an option where you can toggle its visibility for every device size Select 'Always' to show icon on all devices.(www.screencast.com/t/AeXUXhYKohR)

Let us know if you need any further information!

Thanks,
Priya

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 1 day ago #8455

• kalasoft
Priya,

My #1 issue is still not resolved. I installed the quickstart on my local purely as a test. The new Sections/Rows I added did save on the quickstart install. However, the issue continues to be an issue on my production site where I only installed the Astroid framework/template.

2. My issue is not with the offcanvas feature. It is with the menu hamburger icon. I want to show the menu hamburger icon across all devices (regardless of monitor size). Currently, the menu hamburger icon only shows up on devices 991px or smaller screens. I don't see within the template settings 'responsive break points' adjustment settings. This would be an excellent new feature and would allow me to control the menu hamburger icon to my specific needs.

In regards,
Ed H.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 19 hours ago #8463

• kalasoft
JoomDev,

I was able to resolve Issue #1. For the original install of Astroid I used your 'astroid-package-v1.3.0.Framework-Template.zip' file. I overwrote this install using your 'astroid-framework-v1.3.0.zip' file and I'm now able to add new Sections/Rows and get them to save. So, for now please consider this issue as resolved.

I was able to resolve Issue #4. By manually changing the media breakpoints in the '_bootstrap_variables.scss' file, the mobile hamburger menu icon now displays across all devices regardless of size.

With these successes, please consider this post as solved. I understand your Astroid Framework is still under heavy development and bigger and better things are yet to come! Thank you again for taking the time to assist. It is most welcomed.

In regards,
Ed H.

Issues with Astroid 3 weeks 19 hours ago #8464

• admin
  • Administrator
Thank you Ed, Your feedback is much valuable and deeply appreciated.

Muchas Gracias
--
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds