JoomDev: Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 4 weeks 1 day ago #8900

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi

I have just updated my own website which uses Astroid Framework.
The changelog seems very interesting.
Congratulations.

I just wanted to check whether front-end editing was OK (because front-end edition is a pain in the neck with some other framework :D)
It seems to work fine, but the layout is a bit weird so far (see screenshot).
So a bit of styling for front-end would make sense.

Txs again for the good work !
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 4 weeks 1 day ago #8910

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 171
Thanks Marc,

That's one of the things we missed. Use backend editing for now and we'll be pushing another update by next week with more updates and the above fixed.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 2 weeks 5 days ago #9040

• Marc
Txs a lot for your reply/reactivity and for your follow-up.
I have made a few more tests for front-end editing, so here are the real functional issues (besides the pure styling of front-end editing) :
1. no Dropdown can be used (on any Tab) bc they are just a few pixels wide
2. when using JCE, somehow the order of JCE Tabs (Editor/Code/Preview) is reverse

PS : comign back to pure styling : the buttons which appear below the Editor (well, below when you use JCE at least) don't look like button bc they have no border. They have indeed only the class "btn". So maybe you could add a bit of styling to "btn" to give them the look&feel of buttons

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 2 weeks 5 days ago #9045

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the further tests, this is really helpful.

It's just about rebuilding the html based on bootstrap 4 and it's already in the works. I'll send you an invite to a beta build sometime next week and you can see for your self.

Thanks again for keeping up with us.
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 1 week 3 days ago #9250

• yasarts
Hi,
same problem for me with 2.0.2.

But congratulation for the work for Astroid. I really love it (except this problem of frontend content) !

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 1 week 2 days ago #9257

• Marc
Yep, I do confirm : these issues about front-end editing are not solved yet in version 2.0.2 on my website neither ;)
Probably for the next release ? :)

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 1 week 2 days ago #9267

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your post (again), and pushing us to our limits. We are doing everything in our control to get this done and our priorities straight and get as much as we can fixed.

I can assure our that frontend editing is the next thing we are working on to get fixed on Astroid and it will be delivered very soon.

Thank again, you requests have been anything but helpful.
--
Chetan
Thank You,

Astroid 2.0 - front-end editing layout not (yet) very nice 1 week 2 days ago #9268

• admin
  • Administrator
yasarts wrote:
Hi,
same problem for me with 2.0.2.

But congratulation for the work for Astroid. I really love it (except this problem of frontend content) !
Hello, yes this is a work in progress and will be delivered soon.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds