JoomDev: Hamburger Icon Color (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hamburger Icon Color

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9309

• kevinmo
  • Thank you received: 1
I am using the Asteroid Framework template and I have been exhausting myself trying to figure out where to change the color of the hamburger icon bars. In the CSS it shows the color is inherited but changing it in the CSS is a complete waste of time. I cant decipher if this is an icon image or what but nothing I have done will allow me to change it. Where in this template is that thing controlled and why does it not behave like a normal hamburger icon?

I know we had this conversation before and I was told it was setup this way out of convenience. My issue is convenience for who because it sure as heck is not convenient for someone that understands and knows HTML/CSS. It really burns me when developers go out of their way to try and make things easier for everyone that has no clue what HTML/CSS is or cares to learn it and then the only ones that suffer because of that mentality are those of us that deserve to have a framework that behaves normally. It ends up only being convenient for the ignorant and more work than is necessary for the developers and the honest webmasters!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9311

• kevinmo
OK, so I finally found it by shere accident and the drive to leave no stone unturned. It was in a totally unexpected place but sharing it here for anyone else that might be pulling their hair out trying to get control of this stupid thing. Below is the CSS you will need to edit for "color" in order to change the hamburger link in the main menu bar. Note that for a totally illogical reason it is not the color but rather the "background-color:" that you will have to set and I have included an example for reference.

.burger-menu-button .inner, .burger-menu-button .inner::before, .burger-menu-button .inner::after {
background-color: rgb(163, 208, 109);
}
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by kevinmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9313

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 171
Thanks for the post Kevin and sorry for the frustration. The last thing we want to do is Frustrate others (specially developers) using our products.

Positive this will be useful to other users.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9316

• darekmer
  • Thank you received: 2
hey, sorry bad english.
In fact, it would be useful to change the colors of these elements (hamburger and exit) in the Astroid options. There is the possibility to set all the colors of the header. It just does not exist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9318

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Yes, it was something we thought of adding but due to not having enough users asking for the feature, never did.
Might as well do it now.

Thanks again,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinmo

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9319

• kevinmo
Thanks Chetan, that would be super useful if you added this functionality. That was the first place I looked when I was trying to find where to do this at and of course was not there. I imagine for those that use the templates you put out its not such a big deal since this is probably already addressed for those designs. For someone like me that favors using the framework itself it will be a huge asset and speed things up a bit to have this in the parameters. Still though now that I know where to find it, adding some custom CSS for it is not that big of a deal. Now if I could get the hair I lost hunting it down back I would be in good shape...;)

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9320

• darekmer
  • Thank you received: 2

Hamburger Icon Color 1 week 1 day ago #9321

• admin
  • Administrator
kevinmo wrote:
Thanks Chetan, that would be super useful if you added this functionality. That was the first place I looked when I was trying to find where to do this at and of course was not there. I imagine for those that use the templates you put out its not such a big deal since this is probably already addressed for those designs. For someone like me that favors using the framework itself it will be a huge asset and speed things up a bit to have this in the parameters. Still though now that I know where to find it, adding some custom CSS for it is not that big of a deal. Now if I could get the hair I lost hunting it down back I would be in good shape...;)

You sure will get those hair back Kevin, just hang in there while we get these feature added.

Thank You,
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinmo, darekmer
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds