fbpx

Xmas is coming - Grab 30% Discount on all Joomla Template. Coupon Code: PRECHRISTMAS Unlock Offer

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Image to span division or duplicate position

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 5 days ago #9612

By accident I was able to load a background image in position 1 and duplicate the positions 4-5 times and when the image loaded it spanned multiple positions and now I can't remember what I did. Is there a better way to load a large site image under the header? If not what are the settings in each position to make it span each section instead of start it over again?

I am new to Joomla and certainly Astroid and any help would be appreciated as I can't see to find good documentation. What is on github appears to be just an overview of the menus.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Ricky Bobby. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 4 days ago #9617

• priyasingh
  • Thank you received: 37
Hello,

If could please explain us in detail what exactly are you looking for so, that we can assist you better.

Thanks,
Priya
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 4 days ago #9620

• Rinat
look in sections
Attachments:

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 4 days ago #9628

Yes, I have been playing around there with various settings. Once when I used the duplicate position several times and set the background image to cover and some unknown gutter/container settings it allow the image to span those 3-4 duplicated positions allowing the single image to span the 3-4 positions creating a single image out of the combined positions. I just don't know what I did to do that now, it was on accident I stumbled upon it. Know if I try it the same image is repeated in each position over and over without taking it down all positions and it is only a portion of the top as tall as the position in the template allows.

Is there another way to edit the size (height/width) of a particular position in the template?

Also when you click on the link for specific documentation for Astroid (first card) "Open Documentation") it is invalid with a 404 error. The other 2 cards work fine. The documentation on Github is more of an advertisement of the features and not really usefully for development.

www.joomdev.com/documentation/

Thank you,
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Ricky Bobby. Reason: typo

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 4 days ago #9629

PS... Trying to get an image about 618x320 in postion-1 for reference. I may need to resize it to fit better but that is the goal.

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 3 days ago #9633

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello

Please follow this steps for background image settings I think this will helpful to you.
See Steps: www.screencast.com/t/H89xD4SddV

Thanks
Lalit
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 3 days ago #9652

I appreciate the help. That link requires Adobe flash which isn't available for Linux anymore (At least with any degree of security) Oddly Chromium didn't open it either and it normally plays flash content fine.

I went another direction and downloaded a slideshow module instead but I would like to find more information on how to edit the css files, such as py-3 and md-5-py OR any other styles that astroid has built in. From what I am seeing it looks like it's all in a massive JSON file.

Thank you very much.

Image to span division or duplicate position 2 weeks 2 days ago #9658

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello,
1. See Steps Here:
www.screencast.com/t/ffFmwqPc15j
www.screencast.com/t/ozvl5vZSBjr
www.screencast.com/t/Bff043s8p8
www.screencast.com/t/aNLW5xzkm
www.screencast.com/t/1bV9kZCjkAW
www.screencast.com/t/RyFqxR3NL

2. py-3, py-md-5 etc This all bootstrap classes for spacing if you can not understand this then you remove this and make your own classes for spacing and give style according to you.
getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/utilities/spacing/
You can write your css code in custom.css file.
Path: Root/Template-Name/css then create here a custom.css file and write your code in this file

Thanks
Lalit
Thank You,
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds