fbpx

Xmas is coming - Grab 30% Discount on all Joomla Template. Coupon Code: PRECHRISTMAS Unlock Offer

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is Astroid Framework accessible (in particular the menus) ?

Is Astroid Framework accessible (in particular the menus) ? 1 week 6 days ago #9727

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi there,

Accessibility (a11y) is more and more important.
It is even often now a requirement for many websites (governmental but also regular websites).
J!4 itself targets a11y.

I have not checked myself in detail so far, but it would be nice that Astroid strives toward a11y.
Like for example : navigation in the menu items with the keyboard (Tab). It seems that SUBmenus can not be accessed with the keyboard.

And I have not checked about the aria-labels for example.

(just a kind suggestion to try to make Astroid even better :))
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Astroid Framework accessible (in particular the menus) ? 1 week 5 days ago #9739

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
Hi Marc,

Thanks again for another suggestion towards making Astroid better. I agree accessibility is important and something that we should focus on. I'll do some research and see what simple steps we can take to get Astroid towards the accessibility requirement.

Back to you.
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Is Astroid Framework accessible (in particular the menus) ? 1 week 5 days ago #9757

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 4
Txs Chetan,

I think that the Menu is the #1 thing with regard to a11y.
Maybe you can also have a look at the new front-end template for J!4, namely Cassiopeia to see very practically how it is coded/organized.

PS : there are not many templates which can claim to be accessible
See maybe also this project. That's a free Accessible template made public by a French Cy making websites for libraries for example, where accessibility is a requirement (be it legal or not) :
github.com/c3rb-org/template_RGAA_C3rb

Is Astroid Framework accessible (in particular the menus) ? 1 week 5 days ago #9758

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
Thanks Marc, this is helpful!!!
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds