fbpx

Xmas is coming - Grab 30% Discount on all Joomla Template. Coupon Code: PRECHRISTMAS Unlock Offer

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules)

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 6 days 12 hours ago #9846

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi there !

It is the second time this week that I get the question : in Joomla, in the native Menu Modules you can define
  • base item
  • start level
  • end level

In the case of Astroid Framework, would it be possible to have at least "End level" for the Header ?
It is indeed a common case that you only want -say- 1only or 2 levels in your Main Menu (but not all 3, 4 or 5 sublevels :) Because then you typically use a dynamic side-menu with those sublevels, or whatever other solution).

What do you think of this ?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 6 days 12 hours ago #9849

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the post. I think it's a fair option and some user's might be expecting it. I am just afraid of the fact that some users might just fine it too complicated to configure or something like that, just because there are too many options.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 6 days 11 hours ago #9850

• Marc
Well, actually the native Joomla Module has 4 parameters (the 3 I mention above + "show submenu").

You are right that Astroid should be kept simple and not be bloated with unnecessary things.

That is precisely why I limited myself to 1 of the 4 parameters : only "end level" is really necessary for the main Menu of a website.

The fact of being able to select the End level is also important for SEO purposes (because just playing with nasty display:none is not a good practice).

(actually, we have this issue for example on the joomladay.fr website itself, that we made last year : we had to use plenty of different Menus and to make loads of aliases to get what could simply be done with a "max level", having then a clear unique structure)

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 6 days 11 hours ago #9851

• admin
  • Administrator
Marc,

I do see that, Let me find someone to code it for us and I'll get you a link to the development build like always.

This should increase the chances of you redoing/rebuilding the joomlday.fr site using Astroid (unless of course, you are already doing that :P ). Right???
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 21 hours ago #9856

• Marc
Very tempting I must say :)

I have already remade my own website with Astroid : www.woluweb.be/fr/
That's how I got convinced ! B)
And since www.joomladay.fr/2019/sponsors/joomdev is published I have already received many spontanous (and positive !) feedbacks of people now discovering Astroid.

But I cannot promise to remake #jd19fr right now bc there are many overrides to revisit (different version of Bootstrap, ...) and it is just my volunteering time and there are now also many other things to do to organise the event (program, practical stuff, ...).
We have made a great work last year rebuilding joomladay.fr using just Core (Custom Fields for everything. There is no Component to manage the conferences/venues/speakers. Only Custom Fields). And the idea was to upgrade next year to J!4, taking that opportunity to switch template.

But who knows, if somebody helps me to switch now, we could try to anticipate :)
We are also already introducing new things this year in the website (ready but not visible yet as the program is being worked on) :
- CSS Grid to display automatically the conferences in a grid (timetable)
- some javascript to allow the visitors to select/save their Favourites conferences

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 17 hours ago #9860

• Simon
Hello,

I'm also interested by this option.
It happen often for me to build website with only one big/complete main menu (for SEO needs for instance) and need to just display the first level on the frontend.
The only solution I have to hide the submenu (and it's the case with different Joomla! framework) is to use some "display-none" on the CSS.
And it's not very Google friendly ;)

BTW: Congratulation for Astroid framework :)
Thank you,

Simon
Last Edit: 5 days 17 hours ago by Simon.

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 16 hours ago #9861

• admin
  • Administrator
Marc wrote:
Very tempting I must say :)

I have already remade my own website with Astroid : www.woluweb.be/fr/
That's how I got convinced ! B)
And since www.joomladay.fr/2019/sponsors/joomdev is published I have already received many spontanous (and positive !) feedbacks of people now discovering Astroid.

But I cannot promise to remake #jd19fr right now bc there are many overrides to revisit (different version of Bootstrap, ...) and it is just my volunteering time and there are now also many other things to do to organise the event (program, practical stuff, ...).
We have made a great work last year rebuilding joomladay.fr using just Core (Custom Fields for everything. There is no Component to manage the conferences/venues/speakers. Only Custom Fields). And the idea was to upgrade next year to J!4, taking that opportunity to switch template.

But who knows, if somebody helps me to switch now, we could try to anticipate :)
We are also already introducing new things this year in the website (ready but not visible yet as the program is being worked on) :
- CSS Grid to display automatically the conferences in a grid (timetable)
- some javascript to allow the visitors to select/save their Favourites conferences

I hear you Marc, Loud and clear. I'll get this done and and get back to you sometime over the weekend with an update.
Yes, we are all IN to offer any development assistance needed for the joomlday website.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 16 hours ago #9862

• Marc
Txs a lot for being so helpful Chetan.

When I was speaking of getting some help, I was targeting my other fellows here co-organizing #jd19fr.
But I appreciate your dedication ! We might try to do something together after New Year (right now I have to finish other things and I don't want to "play" with the site right now as we are also communicating).

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 15 hours ago #9863

• admin
  • Administrator
Simon wrote:
Hello,

I'm also interested by this option.
It happen often for me to build website with only one big/complete main menu (for SEO needs for instance) and need to just display the first level on the frontend.
The only solution I have to hide the submenu (and it's the case with different Joomla! framework) is to use some "display-none" on the CSS.
And it's not very Google friendly ;)

BTW: Congratulation for Astroid framework :)
Thank you,

Simon
Hello Simon,

Welcome to our forums and the appreciation. We are working on the feature and will post back once done.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Mega Menu : End Level ? (like on native Joomla Menu Modules) 5 days 15 hours ago #9864

• admin
  • Administrator
Marc wrote:
Txs a lot for being so helpful Chetan.

When I was speaking of getting some help, I was targeting my other fellows here co-organizing #jd19fr.
But I appreciate your dedication ! We might try to do something together after New Year (right now I have to finish other things and I don't want to "play" with the site right now as we are also communicating).

Sounds Good Marc, Stay warm until then.
Thank You,
  • Page:
Moderators: priyasingh
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds