fbpx
Introducing JD Builder - Now Beat the unbeatable designsDownload For Free
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

You can build one page sites with Astroid

Did you know that you can build one page website web Astroid, without using any 3rd party extension

Watch the tutorial

TOPIC: import does not work

import does not work 3 months 1 week ago #15366

• Marc
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

Oops, I am very annoyed : in a multilingual website, I wanted to export my configuration in language 1 in order to import it for languages 2 and 3 (just changing after the menu to which it points).

But I have tried several times : I import the json file... but *nothing* is changed in the Template Options (just af if I had not imported...)

This should be fixed (but in the meantime, I found a quick workaround by editing directly the files in /public_html/templates/astroid_template_zero/params)

Txs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

import does not work 3 months 1 week ago #15371

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 439
Hi Marc,

Sorry for the disappointment and frustration. I tried to reproduce it and couldn't. Let me see if we can add some sort of progress bar or success/warning message for the import. So there is a better indication of what's going on.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

import does not work 3 months 1 week ago #15465

• Marc
Txs Chetan,

I think I have come closer to some explanation : it seems that there is a cache issue (at least on my site - not all sites have the same cache configuration at Joomla/htaccess/server level).

Actually, here is how I came to this conclusion :
1. I was editing the template via the interface and I saved
2. in front-end I could see the changes
3. then I Closed the Template and reopened it
4. there my changes had disappeared ! But still in the front-end it was OK
5. then I deleted the browser cache and refreshed the Template page ... and then the new template configuration was showing...

So I don't know what the workaround is (is it like for css files where you can add a random value to the url -like ?1234567- when calling the json files ?)

Txs

Marc

PS : I can give you the credentials of the website if you wish to make your own tests...

import does not work 3 months 6 days ago #15474

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 439
Thanks for the feedback here Marc. I think this is very helpful. I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end and I can very much blame this on server caching options.

I don't need the login and I am good with it for now. I don't think we can add ?1234 when calling objects server side but I'll see if there is a fix that can be applied there as well.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

import does not work 3 months 6 days ago #15476

• Marc
Txs.
Always feel free to ask for the credentials.
I am here to serve :)
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds