fbpx

Celebrate Liberty with the Sizzling Summer Sale - 30% OFF. Coupon: 73RDINDEPENDENCEDAYGrab the Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Building something on Astroid?

Submit your site to be featured in our monthly Astroid Site Showcase!

Submit Now

TOPIC: Using the Astroid Framework on a Localhost - 3

Using the Astroid Framework on a Localhost - 3 1 week 3 days ago #17012

• Silkjazz
Dear Joomdev/Chetan,

Thanks for the latest Astroid 2.2.3 Template framework, where I have outlined issued in two threads: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...on-a-localhost#10001 and www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...-a-localhost-2#16670

The Astroid plugin now allows Font Awesome to be loaded locally, which is good, but it only works in the front end! This means it is still not possible to create and/or edit the Astroid template in the back end using a localhost. Could you tell me if or when the back end will include Font Awesome locally? In addition to this, it would be helpful not to shut down (prevent public write access) a thread before ensuring that an issue has been resolved.

Regards,

SJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using the Astroid Framework on a Localhost - 3 1 week 3 days ago #17015

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 414
Hello SJ,

We'll defiantly add font awesome local for backend in the future.

None of your topics are locked. You just have to be logged in to the website to be able to reply to them :D.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Using the Astroid Framework on a Localhost - 3 1 week 1 day ago #17054

• Silkjazz
Hello Chetan,

Thanks for your reply. The first post I wrote on the matter of using the Astroid Template Framework offline with a localhost was 8 months ago. I believe you have made substantial progress with the framework, but it has been hit and miss with establishing the framework for offline use.

It is not unusual for the various Joomla template frameworks to have creation and edit functionally offline, as initially that is part of the software development process before the final product is distributed to the public. Your framework has equally if not more functionality than the Jarvis template framework I use, offered by www.omegatheme.com, which has the best functionality on and offline, the only problem is they have not updated their framework since 2015!

The reason for choosing your framework is because of Bootstrap 4 and frequent updates. Do you have a timeline to introduce backend offline use for the Astroid Template Framework? Not everyone develops online or wants to wait another 8 months for something you already claimed had been done.

Kind regards,

SJ

Using the Astroid Framework on a Localhost - 3 1 week 16 hours ago #17060

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 414
Hi SJ,

Thanks for reply. I am very happy that you are pushing us to get things done. We do have a clear path for the future development of Astroid but it has mostly been driven based on use request like this one.

We have made tremendous amount of progress with Astroid in the past year and I feel like there is a long way ahead.
I have made the following changes in the Dev branch that now load (not only font awesome), but other JS libraries locally as well.

github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/com...3f87e46696e7e499f8c4

Give it a try and let me know if you find anything not in place.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Happy Independence Day
Save Flat 30%

Celebrate Liberty with The Sizzling Summer Sale - Coupon: 73RDINDEPENDENCEDAY