fbpx
Introducing JD Builder - Now Beat the unbeatable designsDownload For Free
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like using Astroid?

Help us improve Astroid by providing some quick feedback.

Take the survey

TOPIC: (SOLVED)no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How?

no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How? 1 week 4 days ago #17479

Hi guys. Glad to see new results, new manual faq documentation, core and html overrides Good job. Thank you

Please, explain how to do variables override without theming (by the way changing variable $logo-max-height in Sass Overrides section nor working for me)

1) I would change variables in my custom.scss but it's not work. Why?
2) My goal is change default bootstrap breakpoints (https://stackoverflow.com/a/48976550)

Sample custom.scss :
@import "../bootstrap/functions";
@import "../bootstrap/variables";
@import "../bootstrap/mixins/breakpoints";

//    (xs: 0, sm: 576px, md: 768px, lg: 992px, xl: 1200px)

// Override Bootstrap and Astroid Variables Here 
$primary: #2c2e36;
$secondary: #ff3366;
$logo-max-height: 90px; // It's not work

$grid-breakpoints: (xs: 0, sm: 576px, md: 768px, lg: 992px, xl: 1200px, xxl: 1860px); // It's not work

//@include _assert-ascending($grid-breakpoints, "$grid-breakpoints");
//@include _assert-starts-at-zero($grid-breakpoints, "$grid-breakpoints");

$container-max-widths: (sm: 540px, md: 720px, lg: 960px, xl: 1140px, xxl: 1800px); // It's not work

//@include _assert-ascending($container-max-widths, "$container-max-widths");

@import "../bootstrap";
The administrator has disabled public write access.

no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How? 1 week 4 days ago #17482

$logo-max-height in Sass Overrides section nor working for me
It is not cause of fix rule 65px in astroid/_header.scss
I am lost. Also there are astroid/_variables and first two rules are without !default like others
I saw one time how sass overrride options worked when change
$logo-max-height: 65px;
->
$logo-max-height: 65p !default;;
Please clarify this.

@import "../bootstrap";
I found how it works thanks to path error:
This work for me now
@import "../bootstrap/bootstrap";

Maybe we should place custom.scss to one level higher?

In final. We have handy sass override section. But I cant use it with variables in custom.scss.
And how correctly overdrive bootstrap and astroid variables in custom.scss ?

no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How? 1 week 1 day ago #17521

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 439
Hello,

Couple of things here:
1. The !default must exist at the end of the variable value in order for it to be overrideen. This wasn't true for logo height and width, which was fixed in the following commit about 2 weeks back,github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/com...4ab3a5271211409c040b this should be in the next release.
2. I did a video on the Overrides section that explains all that's possible in a nutshell and it's yet to be processed. You can see the raw version at: www.dropbox.com/s/2q67qs5aimk33hb/video-org.mp4?dl=0 (please ignore any background noise).
3. The custom.scss file is included at the very end of the SCSS files (so if you are overriding anything it does work).
4. There is a limitation the way the files is included so you are not able to override bootstrap default variables (I am not aware of the technical side of this but know this is an issue).

#4 is probably what we want to get fixed and then we'll all be good. I'll get you more info on this one. Thanks for using Astroid.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drainslavoch

no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How? 1 week 1 day ago #17538

Sorry for flood. But I am very impressed and pleased by this answer - Honest, detailed and point by point. My previous feeling was another. Now It is like you are another man.
Thank you Admin :cheer:

no theming override bootstrap and astroid variables. How? 1 week 22 hours ago #17545

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 439
Appreciate that. The Man's name is Chetan.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds