fbpx

An Exclusive Offer For You To Grab JD Builder Pro Check Deal of The Day

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like Using JD Builder?

Submit feature requests on github and help improve JD builder.

Submit Now

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 4 days ago #18698

• elisep
Hi,
thank you for the Astroid template. I have been using it for couple of months and it's so easy! The cache function is super cool and all-in-all the template is the easiest and the most powerful templates that I have used in two years.

One thing that I have been wondering for a week now is the submenus. Would you have any advice for it? I have header mode to Sidebar and Left, site menu chosen for it and End Level to All. It used to work fine. Front site shows menu items and those that have submenus, shows plus-sign after menu item name. When clicking the plus-sign the submenus open and clicking those plus-signs the subsubmenus open. Clicking one of subsubmenu (open the page) the sidebar menu stays as it is (those submenus that I have opened stays open and the menu item where I am now, is lightly different colour highlighted). For few weeks ago it changed that when I click the (sub)submenu (open the page), the Sidebar menu closes and only top menu items shows in it. It was easy to know which page I am because the menu stayed open. Now it closes by itself and my customers have to figure it out where they are.

Maybe I changed something in menu items, articles, modules or in Astroid template. Would you have any ideas or tips how to solve this puzzle? Is it from Astroid to look for or is it somewhere else? It would help me a lot to narrow it down and save time.

Thank you for great forum, I have had many tips and advices from here so far.
The topic has been locked.

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 3 days ago #18700

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 470
Hello,

We are very glad you liked using Astroid.

The only way a menu would stay open is if the active menu is being accessed. i.e. the user is on a sub menu item. see this page for example: demo.joomdev.com/astroid-framework/toolb...ader/sidebar-style-1

Make sense?
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 2 days ago #18718

• elisep
Hi,
the link was helpful. I found also some videos from astroid and tried different variations at backend. Also read more of astroid's documentation.

Yes, it worked before like that, when user was on a sub menu item the menu stayed open. Now it stays closed. I still didn't get it quite like it was before but thanks to your comment I started to understand it a bit more. I have main menu and another menu with menu item aliases and now noticed that the sidebar menu works perfectly with main menu but not with menu item aliases.
I will still continue searching where exactly the problem comes from.

Thanks for your advice and link. Learning every day something new about Joomla. :)

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 2 days ago #18719

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi,

I am glad you found the tutorials and documentation useful. The problem is just way you said. The alias menu items. Since alias menu items are really shortcuts, they don't turn active when clicked (original menu item is turned active), and hence the menu doesn't keep them open (they are not active).

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 1 day ago #18725

• elisep
Hi,
now I understand the difference, thanks!

What about duplicate content issue? Can I choose original menu to astroid template's admin panel and/or add it to menu item's Mega Menu options if you think it in duplicate content and SEO point of view? Originally I changed my website's links to menu item aliases to improve the SEO ranking. I read some advices regarding to Joomla. How Joomdev has taken this into consideration in templates?

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 3 weeks 1 day ago #18728

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

I think what you should do it move the main menu item to the primary menu displayed in Astroid and move the Alias to the place where menu item's currently exist. You'll still have the same result (no duplicate content), but the Active menu items will show up in Astroid.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 2 weeks 5 days ago #18768

• elisep
Hi,
great, will do so.
Thank you for your support, it saved me a lot of time.
Problem solved. :)

Sidebar Menu's submenus staying open 2 weeks 5 days ago #18769

• nishtha
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi,

Perfect, Topic Closed then.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cron Job Starts