Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Content width

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #19987

• tbo
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello my friends, I need your help: I'm currently building my second homepage with the combination of Astroid Framework template and Quix Pagebuilder under Joomla. With my new homepage (it is not yet online and I cannot insert a link here), the text spans the entire width of the screen, and I do not know why and I do not get the error fixed (see screenshot). Quix definitely writes in the component area, I have already found out. I've tried everything but I can't do it. Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

It should look like this, of course:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by tbo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #19991

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 595
Please see the documentation below on how you can configure the width of a section in Astroid, the section in this case would the one holding the component.
docs.joomdev.com/article/layout-manager-for-dummies/
docs.joomdev.com/article/astroid-layout-section-settings/

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #20001

• tbo
Thank you. But I don't understand why i have to set the width of the content area with great effort. I didn't have to do that when installing Astroid version 2.02 on my other homepage.
Edit / P.S.: I have now compared the layout settings of the old homepage (Astroid 2.02) and the new homepage (Astroid 2.30). Everything seems to be the same. The fields to the left and right of the content component are also available and have the same settings. Even after reading your help, I don't understand what (and why) I need to change the layout of the new Astroid.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by tbo.

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #20007

• admin
  • Administrator
It's likely that certain page builder components use JavaScript to force the width of the page and you should look into your page/section settings and see if that's happening.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #20014

• tbo
Thank you for your answer, my friend. I installed the Helix Ultimate template as a test. Everything is immediately displayed correctly centered, without having changed anything in the settings. But I don't want Helix, I want Astroid ... ;-)
So I still don't understand where the error is.

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #20026

• tbo
Can I download the latest version 2.2x somewhere? I would like to try whether the error also occurs there. Thanks a lot!

Content width 7 months 3 weeks ago #20032

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 124
Hi,

Offcourse you can the latest version is 2.2.3 you can download from here: github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/releases

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Content width 7 months 2 weeks ago #20152

• tbo
Hello, thanks for the link. But I also have the same problem with version 2.23. I have now tried everything possible and I am not getting the desired result. I just found that I can adjust the spacing of the content on the left and right in the layout settings (see screenshot), but if I enter 200 or 300 px for the left and right as a spacing, it just fits with a 16: 9 display. If I reduce the browser window to a 4: 3 format, the distances remain so large, which means that the width of the text becomes correspondingly smaller. It must be possible to achieve the layout like here www.tbo-computerservice.de ?! And as I said, I tried it with other templates, there are no problems and I don't have to set anything complicated. So again for understanding: I want the entire page layout to be fluid, but the text is centered, as in my other homepage (I still have Astroid version 2.02 installed). Thanks for further help! Best regards!

Edit: Please look at the new screenshot and read the text inside... Thank you!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by tbo.

Content width 7 months 2 weeks ago #20165

• tbo
So, please look here and reade the text inside. Thank you!

Content width 7 months 2 weeks ago #20174

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Please do build your website on 2.1.1 and we'll find a fix in the mean time, when you are ready to go live, we'll have a fix.

Thanks for your patience.
Chetan
Thank You,
The following user(s) said Thank You: tbo
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds