fbpx

Stay Home & Grab 20% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?)

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 3 months 3 weeks ago #20035

Astroid Framework 2.3.0
PHP Version 7.3.14
Joomla 3.9.15

Has anyone else run into problems with newly uploaded images not showing up in the folder when, for example, you try to change the logo image in the header? I'm running into this a lot -- I've tried clearing the cache in astroid, clearing it directly in Administrator (even though caching isn't currently turned on), and I've tried using icognito browser windows but it seems to take forever before astroid will show the uploaded images even though they're immediately shown in the regular media manager after uploading the new image through astroid. Sometimes, if I log out of administrator and log back in again, astroid even shows images that aren't actually in the folder anymore at all. Doesn't matter which browser I use - I get the same problem, so I think it must be server-side, but I'm not sure what to try next.

Any ideas or suggestions about settings that might cause this problem?

I'm wondering if it's related to session caching/handling somehow?
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by BrightworkCreative.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 3 months 3 weeks ago #20042

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 543
Hello and thank you for your post. I see this is your first post on the forum so a very warm welcome!

The media manager doesn't use any kind of caching whatsoever, It merely creates a live list of folders (and files) on based on the data returned from the url. You may try opening the URL directly to make sure it's not being cached and has the file name you recently uploaded.
It's at yoursite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_ajax&astroid=media&action=library&folder=&asset=com_templates&author=

Hoping this helps!

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21320

• Shank
I too am having the same issue. the items show in my media on the core joomla but not in the framework

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21334

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Are you using PHP 7.4? We had a user report about a similar issue and switching to PHP 7.3 fixed the issue? Can you verify?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21337

I'm now using PHP 7.3.16 and still experience this. In my original post I was using 7.3.14
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by BrightworkCreative.

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21342

• admin
  • Administrator
Alright, back to the Rabbit Hole then.
Thank You,

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 4 days ago #21730

• Shank
admin wrote:
Hello,

Are you using PHP 7.4? We had a user report about a similar issue and switching to PHP 7.3 fixed the issue? Can you verify?

Thanks,
Chetan

7.4 is same issue, have you tried using the stock media manager and no having to reinvent everything?

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 4 days ago #21731

• admin
  • Administrator
Yeah, we know it's an issue on 7.4. Have you tried switching to 7.3 or below?
Thank You,
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by admin.

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 3 days ago #21748

Not sure if you're just looking for a second confirmation on this from @shank, but I confirmed earlier that I'm experiencing it with PHP 7.3.16

Uploaded images not showing in 2.3.0 (Session issue?) 1 month 3 days ago #21761

• Shank
This issue is common in PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4

I can set my images once if they are already loaded into the stock media manager. If I do anything else after that then there is no hope. Get rid of the media manager and use the stock one. It does the same stuff anyway.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds