fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)?

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 3 weeks ago #23116

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
On the Mobile menu, you have no click No click to for a submenu if its a separator — YOU HAVE to click on the right icone.
Many people will believe that the menu (to access the submenu) is not working if they click the left side of the menu item. It look like a bug and can cause people to abandoned the site altogether.

I need a way to extend the click on both the right icon and the “Separator” button?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 3 weeks ago #23124

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 589
Hello,

It intentionally works like this so if you have a menu item and it's linked somewhere, user is able to click the menu item to go to the page and use the arrow to browse the sub menu items.

Make sense?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23220

• davarn1
Hello admin,

First, I descovert astroid and I'm impressed by the features of your framework :cheer: :ohmy: . Congratulation !

I'm agry with chacapamac. When we shoose a menu item type "separator", there is no linked. So when a user click the menu item "separator", Astroïd should be extend like the right icone.

If I would like linked somewhere, I don't use a "separator" but an "url" or an other menu item type...

For exemple : bievre-web.fr/ (with gantry 5 sorry ^^)
The menu item "Prestations" is a separator and for me, all separator item should be work like that...

Thank you again for your framework I descoverd it with a presentation by Marc Dechevre :

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23221

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I can see both of your point here.Will see what updates/enhancements can be made to this one in the near future.

Thank you again.
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davarn1

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23223

• davarn1
You're welcome. It's me thank you.

Could you tell us how could we patch it or just disable the click on the text ? For me that would be enough

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23227

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. CHETAN !!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t care to much if it was only the OFF Canvas menu....

But, I just realize that the mobile menu is the same way, THIS IS A MAJOR BUG NEED TO BE REPARE ASAP.....

I believe than more than 50% users will click in the middle of the button and WILL PROBABLY ABANDON THE WEB SITE as they not going anywhere.

For me anyway , I’m stopping the production of a web site with astroid for that unique reason.
• SORRY UNACCEPTABLE :sick:

IMAGINE IF I PRESENT THAT TO MY CLIENT AND IT SAY
—> “MR, YOUR MOBILE MENU IS NOT WORKING

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Chacapamac.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23228

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
This is a temporary fix

I CSS it to soumission, — ITS MORE A HACK!
///* FIX BAD MOBILE MENU NO CLICK */
.astroid-mobilemenu-container .astroid-mobilemenu-inner .menu-item .menu-indicator {
    width: 100% !important;
    text-align: right !important;
    display: inline-block !important;
    position: absolute !important;
    right: 20px !important;
    height: 60px !important;
    margin-top: 15px !important;
}

WARNING - IF THE MAIN LINK IS A REAL LINK IT WILL NOT WORK AS THE “GO TO SUBMENU NOW TAKE ALL THE SPACE
— I think the only way to fix that situation will be to css link independently by using the generated li class .—> e.g. li.item-324

What I do here is patching a mobile menu that is not working properly — URGENT MENTION TO JOOMDEV

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23229

• admin
  • Administrator
Alright, Let me figure out a temporary fix for mobile menu as well and get back to you.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
The following user(s) said Thank You: davarn1

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23232

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
This is only a hack not a fix — You need to change the code that generate the off canvas menus.

• When you think at it, you can have 2 situations
a) Left button is a real link and the right arrow bring the submenus

• In this situation you have 2 separate links on the same buttons and you should have some visual clue of it
• Here the problem is reverse, if the user click on the right portion of the link he/her will miss the link on the left
(not as worse as the b) situation, but bad enough...)

b) Left button is a separator or Url wit the # sign and go nowhere and the right arrow bring the submenus

• This type of button doesn't need a visual difference as it should both bring the submenu
• In no way you should have the left portion of the button bring nowhere, this is a big interface UI-UX mistake

I think the best way is to have your system recognize these situation and give a bit more control for the OFF-Canvas / mobile item

My suggestion:
Look at the picture. Remark that it is the desktop version with an hover possibility but it work for mobile also (without the hover)
• Top link = Real link - No Sub Menu - Not Hover
• Middle link = Separator or url - Link to Sub ON ALL BUTTON (with Hover for the desktop)
• Bottom Link = Real Link on left side and submenu on the right

Other ideas:

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 2 months 2 weeks ago #23234

• davarn1
Hello Chetan,

Could you apply the fix for "Header Mode Sidebar" too ?

Thank you again for your great framework.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Cron Job Starts