fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Grab the Deal!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)?

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 3 months 3 weeks ago #23254

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
An Update here, I am still working on a fix here with our developers and will be back to you as soon as I have an update. Thank you for your patience.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davarn1

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 3 months 3 weeks ago #23264

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Joomdev & Chetan.

Sorry to be dramatic sometimes — :woohoo:

No problems....

Big Hug to everybody! :P
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Chacapamac.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 2 weeks ago #24373

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
DISAPPOINTING!.

I know, you guys are probably really busy with Joomla 4 compatibility but the correct functionality of the mobile menu (Off Canvas menu) is paramount in any professional template.
Sadly your Off Canvas menu is STILL not functional (without a hack) on template zero on the recent 2.4.0 update......

The problem here is so important, I re-explain:
Visitors that click on the non clickable zone (probably 80 to 90% of visitors...) and not on the right chevron icon of a menu item are redirect nowhere and probably think that the site is buggy and simply leave the site. Worst, they leave the web site with an overall negative impression of that company...

The fact that this was no treated as a priority and new version of the template are release without that important fix leave the same negative impression on your work...
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Chacapamac.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24436

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 587
Hello,

Sorry for inconvenience.
Please wait. I will come back after a discussion with team member.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24472

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 137
Chacapamac wrote:
DISAPPOINTING!.

I know, you guys are probably really busy with Joomla 4 compatibility but the correct functionality of the mobile menu (Off Canvas menu) is paramount in any professional template.
Sadly your Off Canvas menu is STILL not functional (without a hack) on template zero on the recent 2.4.0 update......

The problem here is so important, I re-explain:
Visitors that click on the non clickable zone (probably 80 to 90% of visitors...) and not on the right chevron icon of a menu item are redirect nowhere and probably think that the site is buggy and simply leave the site. Worst, they leave the web site with an overall negative impression of that company...

The fact that this was no treated as a priority and new version of the template are release without that important fix leave the same negative impression on your work...
Hi,

Well as per your suggestion for separator menu type it should click and go to the inner menu items, but what will happen for other menu types when the parent menu has a link, means there is link on that menu and if you click on the link instead of opening the link it will go to the inner menus isn't that wrong?

Your suggestion will only work for Separator menu types not others, so we can't make such an exemption for others. Clicking on the chevron seems to be a more suitable option.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24492

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Well as per your suggestion for separator menu type it should click and go to the inner menu items, but what will happen for other menu types when the parent menu has a link, means there is link on that menu and if you click on the link instead of opening the link it will go to the inner menus isn't that wrong?

Yes this is wrong but this is not an answer or a solution. NOW JOOMDEV NEDD TO FIND A SOLUTION!

:) Please read carefully the following to really see how important this NEED to be fixed.

Nishta, please look at my fix suggestion (and you guys can think at something even better..) on page one of this post for the situation of the parent link being a link in itself.
See the suggestions:
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...enu?start=%1$d#23232

• You simply NEED TO HAVE A GOOD VISUAL INDICATION that show the user where they have or can click.

WHAT IS REALLY WRONG IS THAT IN NO CONSIDERATION (like your system is now) you should have a user click AND GO TO THE WRONG URL OR NOWHERE (in this case the front page)

Also parent menu being a link are NOT THE NORM and I personally NEVER use them.
The reason is that most website use them as a category of links and that they can be easily bypass by users by clicking on the children's and not on the parent.

Just look at these websites:
• joomla.org
• wordpress.com
• drupal.org
and most of the important good websites on the web...

THEY ALL HAVE PARENTS MENU AND NONE OF THEM USING THEM AS LINK.
That should tell you something.....
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Chacapamac.

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24542

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Chacapamac wrote:

Yes this is wrong but this is not an answer or a solution. NOW JOOMDEV NEDD TO FIND A SOLUTION!

:) Please read carefully the following to really see how important this NEED to be fixed.

Nishta, please look at my fix suggestion (and you guys can think at something even better..) on page one of this post for the situation of the parent link being a link in itself.
See the suggestions:
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...enu?start=%1$d#23232

• You simply NEED TO HAVE A GOOD VISUAL INDICATION that show the user where they have or can click.

WHAT IS REALLY WRONG IS THAT IN NO CONSIDERATION (like your system is now) you should have a user click AND GO TO THE WRONG URL OR NOWHERE (in this case the front page)

Also parent menu being a link are NOT THE NORM and I personally NEVER use them.
The reason is that most website use them as a category of links and that they can be easily bypass by users by clicking on the children's and not on the parent.

Just look at these websites:
• joomla.org
• wordpress.com
• drupal.org
and most of the important good websites on the web...

THEY ALL HAVE PARENTS MENU AND NONE OF THEM USING THEM AS LINK.
That should tell you something.....

Alright, alright... Take it easy! I'll get this corrected in the next version somehow and get a better fix in place.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24563

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Alright, alright... Take it easy! I'll get this corrected in the next version somehow and get a better fix in place.

I’m taking it easy... Just making my point (Also second by Davarn1 in this post).

I was using Rockettheme for many years (Joomla 1.5 up) and start recently to search for a framework more Joomla Friendly than their newer Gantry.
After a year of testing the other big Joomla template providers ou there, I choose Astroid as my new platform. That should tell you something?

Any point I bring on this forum is not a critic, it’s a constructive remark to help Joomdev, free of charge.

Also I know that you guys have your hands full with Joomla 4 coming and I can say — “Keep you shirt on Chetan” :lol: I still love you guys !

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24568

• hitesh99raj
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Chacapamac, Thanks for brilliant suggestion. We have done some changes with separator kind of menu item. You can check with `dev` branch.

github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/tree/dev

Thanks,
Hitesh
Attachments:

Mobile menu - No click if menu is a separator (submenu)? 1 month 1 week ago #24618

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Thanks Chetan and hitesh99raj....
That seem to be a simple solution and people can css as they want I supposed

If I understand well, ! Tell me?

If I understand without trying it, is because it’s a success... ;)

Also excellent solution for the insertion of custom code by menu on that other post... :P
—> www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...-menu-item-edition-2
This make your system even more powerful, without addition of any third party extensions (Sourcerer) and such in an elegant way....
Bravo!.

I really like to integrated this on my actual site in construction, I’m not exactly sure how to proceed.
It is safe to use the dev branch ? and if using it will complicated the normal upgrade process?
I just need those 2 modif, but I can wait until next release....
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds