fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template manager - Typography useless if using Local Fonts

Template manager - Typography useless if using Local Fonts 4 days 21 hours ago #23193

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Using local fonts are the most efficient way to integrate fonts in a web site.
Sadly all your nice “Typography” section in the template manager become useless if local font are used.

Suggestion:

• Having a third choice on the font family pane to integrate “Local Fonts”.

— You should have a “Local Fonts” choice that make the font family pane take in consideration whatever Local font is used — Maybe you even have a system where, when Local font are used You can point the custom css or scss file that call these fonts to even have a preview of them.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 days 21 hours ago by Chacapamac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template manager - Typography useless if using Local Fonts 4 days 18 hours ago #23195

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 571
Hi,

When you say "Local fonts" Do you mean a font included via this method docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-do-custom-fonts-in-astroid/

Or a font via directly CSS?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Template manager - Typography useless if using Local Fonts 4 days 16 hours ago #23203

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I really say “Locally” — The goal is to have the font WITHOUT any “LIVE” Call to Google — Everything happen on the server of the site.

The way I do is always the same, download the specifics fonts I need, put in a folder (your template/fonts and add the CSS call to them in my custom.scss file.
In my normal work I use most of the time trusted Google fonts.

What you show there is weird and interesting at the same time.
First, I want to know if this technic work with Google fonts, because everything shown in this scroll down menu (Choice of fonts) are Google Font and they are NOT in your local template or media folder. Meaning that any choice there call the Google font on Google server and not locally.

I doubt that what you show work WITH Local Google Fonts ?
- What Happen if I download few styles of Google font e.g. Open Sans and try your method, what happen with the already include Open Sans, are the call will be local or live to Google servers?

Template manager - Typography useless if using Local Fonts 4 days 12 hours ago #23213

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 571
If you download the OTF files of the font and add them there. They'll show up duplicate under the heading custom fonts.

The custom fonts work just. You just don't see the size and line height change in real time (in the preview) but everything else works fine on the frontend.
Here is another similar topic I am on with another user: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...r-doesn-t-help#23207
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds