fbpx

Missed the Birthday Party? Still You Can Enjoy the PartyView Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homepage image width - full screen

Homepage image width - full screen 3 weeks 3 days ago #23393

• cfern
Good day! :)

I am new to Astroid Framework, Joomla, and to be completely honest, coding in general, but have been learning to edit an existing webpage to make it look nicer... Using this template for the other pages of the website looks great, but I can't seem to get the homepage looking how I wish.

Most of the community themes I have looked at for the Astroid Framework have an image on the homepage that spans the whole screen (that is, it is the same length as the header).

I cannot seem to make my homepage image this width -- regardless of how I reshape it, its width is only that of the Boxed sixe, although I have selected the Wide setting. I want the image to be almost full screen. Is this a simple fix, or does it require some more complicated coding knowledge?

I apologise if this is a silly question but any help would be much appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Homepage image width - full screen 3 weeks 3 days ago #23394

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 103
Hi,

We don't really mind silly questions, and thank you for using Astroid. Considering this your first post can you please provide us a link or some kind of a screenshot of your problem, that would make things clear for us where exactly you want a full width image.

Assuming you want to add a full with background image on the Header Section, you can easily do that from the backend under Layout >> Edit the Header Section >> Under Design tab >> Background Type as Image make the changes like such: www.screencast.com/t/3qakWxPzajO

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Homepage image width - full screen 3 weeks 1 day ago #23408

• cfern
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

The image for homepage would be similar to some of the other templates -- for example, as in JD Boston and other templates that use Astroid Framework. I would love to put a similar large image on the homepage as shown in the image attached of the JD Boston demo attached.

However, when I apply the template to my homepage I cannot work out how to edit the modules to do this... I tried making the changes to the Header section but I think the image I require is for a section under the Header?

Hope that makes sense!
Attachments:

Homepage image width - full screen 3 weeks 16 hours ago #23410

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 103
Hi,

Like I said earlier please be sure where you want to make the changes, so we can help you better.
You can use ?tp=1 at the end of your URL to know the module positions & section of that page, when you know which section you want to make the changes then go the Astroid backend Layout, edit that section and add the background image like I told in the earlier message.

If you are using something similar to JD Boston then this is how it should be: www.screencast.com/t/1hF81YjsY, so you need to add the background image at the Hero Section to get such a look.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds