fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Adjusting Container Width

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #23960

• cybersalt
I have a client who would like me to adjust the container width of the template?
How and where can I do that?
Tim Davis
Cybersalt Consulting & Basic Joomla Tutorials
The topic has been locked.

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #23969

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 135
Hi,

You can probably use the Custom as section layout type in that case.(www.screencast.com/t/5aqsmtkRgh3)

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #24026

• cybersalt
Two questions:

1 - Is it just the "width: 1200px" css code that I would use?

2 - Is there a way to change the width of the whole container so I don't have to change each section individually?

Tim
Tim Davis

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #24027

• Derco
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I need to set the width of my "boxed" site to 1340px . First i've tried the custom field in the template, than the custom file in css folder, and than I've tryed the same as in the previous version and that also didn't worked (i had the _layouts.css file edited and changed the widht).
At the same time the border and shadows of containers and header are on and i don't find a way to remove them. (the "section options" are clear, nothing there)

And i need to "expand" the solutions to several sites with the same configurations.

Any idea?

Thanks

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #24124

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 607
@Derco, you seem to have 2 options in the above post and I am going to try and address the width one.

I am working on documentation for overriding SCSS files and will post a link here once done. That should allow you to change the width.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 3 weeks ago #24125

• Derco
Hello,

Yes, the most complicated and the one that is messing with my sites is the width. On the previous versions a simple edit of the _layout.css, where i've just replaced the default with by a larger number and that was it. I had no need to mess or configure anything else. Now, that doesn't work, and i've searched and tryed several other ways, but none had effect. I can't find the "right file" or setting to edit. The problem is only for max width, the others sizes are ok.
I've already rolled back to the previous version and i was waiting for any kind of feedback from you guys.
Thank you for all your work, and also for a great component/template that is nearly perfect. I know that these kinds of things can happen, we just need to find a solution for the problems.

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 2 weeks ago #24132

• hitesh99raj
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi,
The following may help you. Please let us know if anyone still having any difficulties.

Customizing Containers
Types of Container
CSS/SCSS in Astroid

Thanks,
Hitesh

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 2 weeks ago #24163

• Derco
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for all your advice.

But, despite all my efforts trying to implement your solutions, none of them worked. I'm sure i'm missing something, but i can't find what.

It looks like the site is always loading some kind of default preset. I've even searched all references to the widht of boxed container to change it from 1140 to 1340, and even with all those chantes, nothing has effect.
I've even edited the "complied" file and change to the setting i want, and nothing.
The main setting i need to change is max_widht of boxed layout, wich i need to be 1340px for my site to work properly.
I've tryed twice to rollback to the previous version and everything works fine just with the "_layouts.css" change, no need to add code or custom files, just simply edit the line of max_width.

Thank for all your help.

Adjusting Container Width 1 month 2 weeks ago #24166

• Derco
Solution found. Thank you for all your help and time.

Well, i know sometimes isn't the best practice to tell to people to mess with scss, specially the ones with small knowledge like me, but in this case this is far less complicated, solves my two problems in one single step, and avoid me to add more files, styles, or something else.
I took quite a lot of time, i've almost ruined my site, but this was urgent, and the simple answer was to find the new location of _layouts.css and edit the line as needed. As soon as i've found the file, in less than 1 minute problem solved, after more than 12 hours and a lot of new gray hairs on my head, pursuing a solution via the paths you told me.

As a caution measure, i've commented the original lines, and added a modified copy right after, so in this case, if anything goes wrong, i can always rever to safety

As an advice for next updates, please add a field in the admin of Astroid for us to change astroid-layout-boxed field. Should be to hard to do it.

Adjusting Container Width 3 weeks 4 days ago #24873

• cybersalt
I have managed to get the width changed by creating a class and applying it to each individual section:

.w1500 {
width: 1500px;}

However, the site's responsiveness is broken now. It is 1500px wide on all screens, and doesn't adjust when dragging and resizing a browser window either.

I am not sure what I am missing, but if can give me quick directions on what code to put in what file(s) that will be greatly appreciated.

Tim
Tim Davis
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds