fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Grab the Deal!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 4 weeks ago #23979

• guysou
Hello,
I'am using the last Joomla release 3.9.21 and yesterday I updated the Astroid version to 2.4.1 without any problem except some minor details I fixed rapidly.
This morning I have been invited to update from the template astroid 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 and got an error 500 : "Library path /libraries/astroid/framework/library/astroid cannot be found. " Return to the control panel is impossible and the site crashed.
What can I do to solve the problem and update the template to ONE.
Thanks for your kind assistance
www.randouveze.fr
Guy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 4 weeks ago #23989

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 2
Never update a live site until you test it first. I always load my site in localhost using Mamp Pro before I push anything to a live site.
I would roll back to 2.3.0 for now. This update is a disaster and things that aren't suppose to be broke are for some reason. Even the Astroid Templates that come with the framework that they are claiming are suppose to work, are NOT working.
2.3.0 is stable and you can still get it from their Github.

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24099

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 140
guysou wrote:
Hello,
I'am using the last Joomla release 3.9.21 and yesterday I updated the Astroid version to 2.4.1 without any problem except some minor details I fixed rapidly.
This morning I have been invited to update from the template astroid 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 and got an error 500 : "Library path /libraries/astroid/framework/library/astroid cannot be found. " Return to the control panel is impossible and the site crashed.
www.randouveze.fr
Guy

Hi,

As per the link you shared it seems you haven't installed the Astroid Framework properly, please do so again and clear all the cache.
Also if you see the Astroid Pluign update again in the Update manager, ignore that, its a different issue you need not update it again and again because you already have the updated version.

After installing Astroid Framework again if you still have the same problem then let us know.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by nishtha.

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24138

• anotart
I just got the very same error, but I took the first step of updating the Astroid plugin from 2.3 to 2.4.1. That is what generated the error. The Template and Framework are still at 2.3.0. I have the error described (I attached the image). I can't do anything -- can't go to another menu -- can't log out -- even in another browser, it goes right back to the page I showed. Tried clearing browser cache. Front end is "Oops, page can't be found"

The site is in development.
Attachments:

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24139

• Rinat
  • Thank you received: 1
Try to disable all the Asroid extension through the database and you can go to the admin panel. And try updating Astroid again. Then it should appear.

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24140

• anotart
Thank you for the quick reply. Can you give me a bit more guidance. I am only very slightly familiar with changing the database. Can you show me an example of what I'm looking for and how to disable. I can get into it the database and see all the tables. The only astroid think I see is the template -- is that what I disable? How?

Thank you!

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24141

• jhjacobs81
  • Thank you received: 1
i had the same problem.

i downloaded the astroid framework from github, it unzips into a folder called "astroid-framework-v2"

log into your hosting account (by ftp i assume) and go into the "libraries" folder.
For me, there was no astroid folder there.. i created it new, then copied the contents of the local framework (the one called astroid-framework-v2" into it, and then my site worked again.

Hope it helps :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: anotart

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24143

• anotart
Thank you so much! I did have an astroid folder -- but down deeper was missing another astroid folder. I copied everything into the astroid folder 2.4.1 and that did the trick -- really appreciate the help!

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24199

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 140
guysou wrote:
Hello,
www.randouveze.fr
Guy
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, can you please confirm if have made any changes in the frontend folder of the template (Path: TEMPLATENAME/html/frontend/)if not the please delete that folder and then check the working, if not then let us know what changes you made there.

Also if still the issue exists then please share your site credentials on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. along with this forum link so we can see what is going wrong and where.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Astroid Template ONE Update failed with Error 500 1 month 3 weeks ago #24238

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 589
Hello,

Here is the solution:

1. Delete astroid.php file from plugin. Path: plugins/system/astroid
2. Download the latest astroid-framework-v2.4.1.zip and template file and install it.
3. After install you need to clear the template cache.

Note: The problem will appear when you update the plugin first.

www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/astroid-template-framework

Thanks.
Chandan
Thank You,

Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by chandandeep.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds