fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 2 weeks 6 days ago #24178

• elisep
Hi,

I'm using template zero. Our logo shows ok and main menu ok but with black colour, not with customized. Urls are ok. Everything else at frontend are blank except Astroid's 404 error page that I made at backend. Backend works ok, nothing odd there. Last week I updated Astroid (as well as other plugins). One of Astroid's updates didn't load. I updated Joomla, then the one updated ok. Checked today and the site is as I described above. Have always updated what announces came at backend.

Have read the forum posts and emptied Joomla cache, Astroid cache, browser cache, purged Joomla, etc. Couldn't figured out anything else to empty. :) Loaded Astroid Framework+Template file. Still all pages at frontend blank.

Astroid:
Framework Version: 2.4.1
Template Version: 2.4.0
Joomla 3.9.21
Error:
<title>Error: 0 Call to a member function get() on null</title>
DevTools:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for httxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/media/astroid/assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/popper.min.js.map: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 0
(I replaced our url to x's.)

Any advice I could do to make our site work again?

By the way, thank you for your great work on Astroid. I checked One and that looks awesome! :) Got to try it some day how it looks in our site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 2 weeks 5 days ago #24188

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 123
Hi,

Thank you so much for trying out our latest Astroid update and loving our new Template One, feedback much appreciated. :)

As far as your issue is concerned, can you please tell us if you have made any changes in the frontend folder of the template?(Path to the folder is: TEMPLATENAME/html/frontend/), if you have then let us know the which files you changed there but if not, then delete that folder and then clear cache and refresh the pages and let us know what happens after that.

Also can you please share a screenshot/ link about the error you are getting.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 2 weeks 5 days ago #24227

• elisep
Hi,

I haven't made any changes in the frontend folder of the template. I looked that folder and there was footer php file. I deleted the frontend folder, cleared Joomla, Astroid and browser caches, refreshed page. And the pages came back! I must admit that I was a little suspicious but what a surprise. :) and a glad one. I have 3 languages in my web page and articles in them. I went through pages and mostly there were ok but randomly unexpected some of the pages changed to very simple text form with no customs, styles or modifications. In other words, the Joomla articles and content was ok but now and then the template didn't work. Refresh or back helped to reload the page and usually the styles came back. But still, this is very random and happens about 1-4 times out of 10 pages when just clicking between languages (Joomla language switcher) and articles. I'm very happy that the web pages nearly works now but I hope it will be fixed. I took some screenshots along the way if there is any help but I wouldn't like to send those in public.
There was a update message at the backend about Astroid plugin and I updated it.

edit: when the page turn to simple form there is a warning : Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "OUR URL/templates/astroid_template_zero/css/compiled-77fc802...css?v=2.4.1"
And there is still the same warning as previously : DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for OUR URL/media/astroid/assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/popper.min.js.map: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 0
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by elisep. Reason: extra information

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 5 days ago #24481

• elisep
Hi,

I updated Astroid and now the web pages turn much more often as I described in the last post. Now it's something like every 3-5 clicks when browsing our pages. It starts to interfere our clients and business. Please, is there anything that can be done? Is it Astroid or something else that causes the problem?

Devtools:
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1
ARTICLE NAME Uncaught TypeError: $(...).find(...).tooltip is not a function

Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "htt OUR URL/templates/astroid_template_zero/css/compiled-36cd92dd9a29b50ffc088f8be72c4023.css?v=2.4.3".
Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "htt OUR URL/templates/astroid_template_zero/css/compiled-36cd92dd9a29b50ffc088f8be72c4023.css?v=2.4.3".
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not parse content for htt OUR URL/media/astroid/assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/popper.min.js.map: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 0

The problem appears randomly and not on any specific page. The article name is that page where it appears, and that's why it changes.
Maybe something about Sidebar menu?

Any advice would be welcomed. :)

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 4 days ago #24487

• pmleconte
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

As suggested in www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...pdate?start=10#24412 , try to remove `vendor`, `jui` folders and `script.js` file from `SITE_ROOT/templates/astroid_template_zero/js` folder."

Unless you customized your template js file, this should solve your issue as above folders/file contain obsolete files, new files being in media/astroid/assets directory.

Pascal
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by pmleconte.

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 4 days ago #24510

• elisep
Hi,

Thank you for quick reply. I haven't customized the file. I deleted those folders and the file but unfortunately it didn't have any effect.

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 4 days ago #24513

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 123
Hi,

If nothing works for you then please share your site backend login details on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. along with this forum link so we can see what exactly the issue is.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 3 days ago #24538

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 574
Hello,

Remove vendor, jui folders and script.js file from js folder
Path: templates/TEMPLATENAME/js

For more info. Please see this documentation.
github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/wiki/Migrating-to-v2.4x

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 2 days ago #24571

• elisep
Hi,

I went through the list:
chandandeep wrote:
For more info. Please see this documentation.
github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/wiki/Migrating-to-v2.4x

Unfortunately it didn't help, the frontend crashed. The backend works fine. I think the files are a mess. I noticed that elements folder is missing at astroid folder, among other things probably.

I have so far 3 solutions in my mind.
1. I install the backup that I took before all of this. Although the first problem remains.
2. I uninstall astroid and try to reinstall it if your current template+framework+zero/one is working fine.
3. Would it be any help if I send the current astroid folders to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and you'd be so kind to look if you find anything?
4. Something else?

Any advice would be welcomed. :)

Astroid Template Zero frontend shows error 500 1 week 2 days ago #24578

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 574
Hello,

If you have created the override of frontend folder. Then you have to migrate the overrides.

Path: TEMPLATENAME/html/

Migrating to v2.4x

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds