fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Asteroid 2.4.3 Bricks site!

Asteroid 2.4.3 Bricks site! 1 year 3 weeks ago #24822

• kevinmo
  • Thank you received: 5
Every single site I have when I apply this update it breaks the site or at the very least something does not work. The best experience I have is a site where it appears OK but the main menu refuses to load. What gives and how am I supposed to update the website template framework when this systemic problem is happening? What has changed with this update that makes it incompatible with itself?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Asteroid 2.4.3 Bricks site! 1 year 3 weeks ago #24829

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hi Kevin,

2.4 was a major upgrade(around 8 months of work) and sometimes it's the overrides that breaks the site and sometimes it's something else.

Here are few tips:
1. Post upgrade, open and save the template settings.
2. Remove overrides from the folder /templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/frontend/ (whole frontend folder).
3. Enable debug and error reporting to see if it points to a specific file and disable that file (by renaming it to something else docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-enable-d...-reporting-via-file/).
4. uninstall the astroid framework/plugin and reinstall it (keep the template as is).

This should do.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds