fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using Astroid with non Astroid templates

Using Astroid with non Astroid templates 1 week 1 day ago #25149

Hi

This is probably a strange request, we are about to embark on transferring a very old website that looks terrible and refreshing its look and feel. The existing site generates a lot of traffic and is extremely profitable to the business, but it looks like its been built by a 5 year old. I have finally got the directors onboard and we are looking to move this across piece by piece. But it is literally hundreds of pages, modules, Aliases and Tags

So my issue... They like the JDLawX template but this is based in Helix & Quix and I like the idea of working in Astriod and JD Builder Pro as this seems to be updated more often, although it has had its issues you have always been really responsive with support.

So my question is in two parts
1. Am I worrying about nothing - is it ok to use Helix and use JD Builder instead of Quix or is this a bad idea.
2. How simple would it be to rebuild JD Law on Astroid and JD Builder pro
2.1 :cheer: If we found another design is it feasible to rebuild it into Astriod and if so could you provide the service to do that for us.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Marc
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Astroid with non Astroid templates 1 week 1 day ago #25156

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 605
Hi Marc,

Happy to hear that you are making the choice to go with Astroid. Replies in order.

1. No, your worry is genuine. Helix isn't that bad after all but there are limitations with it and hence the reason we build Astroid in the first place. I do recommend Astroid & JD Builder over Helix and Quix but I have to say my recommendation here is biased.
2. Pretty straight forward if you know what you are doing.
2.1. Sure, that would be a custom service and can be done based on how complex/simple the design is. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. when and if you'd like to have this done.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds