fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 3 days ago #25327

• hbcrosby
I was doing an upgrade to my site this evening and one of the upgrades was for the Astroid Framework. During the upgrade my site crashed with "An Error has occurred. 500 Library path /libraries/astroid/framework/library/astroid cannot be found" and then a button to return to the Control Panel. Well, the button didn't return me to the Control Panel and the front end of my site also crashed with "Please install and activate Astroid Framework in order to use this template." At this point, I'm hoping I can install and activate the Astroid Framework manually in order to salvage my site and I'm hoping you can advise me on this task.

Site: croznet.com (has a redirect file installed)
Path: www.croznet.com/j/

Help! Thank you, Bing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 3 days ago #25330

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in this article: docs.joomdev.com/article/things-to-remem...stroid-2-3-0-to-2-4/

Let us know if it worked.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 2 days ago #25366

• hbcrosby
"Problem #2" allowed me to open the Joomla backend. To install the Framework and Template, I'm guessing I have to drop these files in place manually. Could you brief me on where to drop the files in the astroid-package-v2? It would speed things up a bit. Thank you!

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 2 days ago #25371

• ozwest
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you for your document Error https://docs.joomdev.com/article/things-to-remember-after-migrating-your-site-from-astroid-2-3-0-to-2-4/

I have a "0- Call to a member function get() on null" problem, I went through the whole document and tried to apply all the suggestions with no luck.

The only thing which I could not do is ...

Delete astroid, bootstrap folder (Path: astroid_template_zero/)

as these folders did not seem to be there.

So I am still stuck with this problem. Please help.

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 1 day ago #25379

• hbcrosby
Thanks for your help. My Framework problem was the "nut behind the wheel". I was downloading the framework file with Safari which automatically opens the compressed file. I turned that feature off, downloaded once again and we're up and running!

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 11 months 4 weeks ago #25437

• hbcrosby
Follow-up question to Astroid Framework crash: I have everything running correctly based upon your manual install instructions. Now, my site is telling me that I need to upgrade the Astroid Framework from 2.45 > 2.45. This is the first time I have looked at updates since I got the site running again 2 days ago. Admittedly, I'm running a little timid here as the last time I upgraded the Astroid Framework my site crashed. That said, your previous instructions told me to download and install the Astroid Framework + Templates only. I did and the site came back to life. Now it's telling me to upgrade the Astroid Framework. It also told me to update 2 Astroid templates which I did with no failures. Is this upgrade new since 2 days ago? Or was something not installed when I followed your instructions. I'm trying to avoid having the site crash again.

Thank you!

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 11 months 4 weeks ago #25439

• nishtha
Hi,

Yes last week we released another Astroid update v2.4.6 you can update that via Joomla update manager, it shouldn't crash your website.
But to be on the safer side you can keep a backup and then update!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 1 year 1 day ago #25380

• ozwest
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I decided to export the data of the template, deleted the template and installed it fresh, imported the data and now it is working.

Astroid Framework crashed site while installing upgrade 11 months 4 weeks ago #25440

• nishtha
Hi Ozwest,

Great if that's how it worked for you.
Let us know if you have anymore issues.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds
Cron Job Starts