fbpx

Biggest Sale of the Year - Save 60% Now!! Grab the Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 2 weeks 16 hours ago #25827

• n0r3m3mb3r
Hi,

In use: J! 3.9.22 with Astroid 2.4.7 and JD Zero 2.4.1 or JD Paris 1.2.

I'm having a date/time field in a form with the button to produce the Joomla calendar in its popup. It's basically working, but a JS error is thrown on pageload, causing subsequent JS to malfunction:
Uncaught Error: Calendar setup failed:
  No valid element found, Please check your code
in media/system/js/fields/calendar.min.js

I've tried a different BS4 template, and the error does not occur (Joomlart with T4, but I don't like those!).

So, I'd greatly appreciate a fix from you guys. Many thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 2 weeks 3 hours ago #25833

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 146
Hi,

Can you please share the site link so we can try recreating the same on our end. And debug more what is causing the issue here.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 2 weeks 6 minutes ago #25837

• n0r3m3mb3r
Hi Nishtha,

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, go check it out. Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Never mind layout or style (it's basically "out of the box") -- but:

You'll see, there are two dropdown items in the main menu, one for Astroid (Zero template) and the other for T4. The sub items are linking to identical forms under each framework, one form including a date/time element while the other does not.

Watch the console: you'll then also see that the mentioned JS error is thrown only in the form including the date/time element under Astroid.

Thanks again!

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 6 days ago #25845

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 595
Hello,

Your template version is old so please update on latest version (v2.4.2) and then check.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 6 days ago #25848

• n0r3m3mb3r
chandandeep wrote:
Hello,

Your template version is old so please update on latest version (v2.4.2) and then check.

Thanks,
Chandan

Well, first of all, Zero 2.4.1 was not "old" when I downloaded it yesterday again but the latest and only one available.

Also, when downloading Zero right now from www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/astroid-template-framework, it is still 2.4.1.
Installing it anyway, it is still the same, and the JS error persists, of course.

Where to get 2.4.2?

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 6 days ago #25840

• n0r3m3mb3r
Update:

Just added the same forms also under Helix Ultimate. You'll see, no error either.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 6 days ago #25857

• n0r3m3mb3r
n0r3m3mb3r wrote:
chandandeep wrote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Chandan

Well, first of all, Zero 2.4.1 was not "old" when I downloaded it yesterday again but the latest and only one available.

Also, when downloading Zero right now from www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/astroid-template-framework, it is still 2.4.1.
Installing it anyway, it is still the same, and the JS error persists, of course.

Where to get 2.4.2?

Hi,

Just checked, and now there is Zero 2.4.2.

However, it does not fix the JS error issue. (No wonder, since changes have been made only to the blog view.)

So, please keep us posted here when the JS error is taken care of.

Thank you.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 5 days ago #25861

• nishtha
Hi,

Can you please share your site backend login details on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. along with this forum link.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 5 days ago #25864

• n0r3m3mb3r
Hi again,

Sorry, but I can't give you backend access unless it is very limited, due to where this test site is located.

I don't understand what backend access would do for you in this case, anyway:
1. You're seeing the HTML of my test site, as well as the error and where it's coming from: Astroid and the Joomla file media/system/js/fields/calendar.min.js.
2. If you want or need to exactly recreate the form for whatever it's worth: take any J 3.9.22 site with an Astroid template, download and install Fabrik 3.9.2, create a "list" including a "jdate" element (it's by default in any new list anyway), and call the form for the list via a menu item.

If that's not something you are able or willing to do, I could make this available to you as an Akeeba Backup file which you could install with Kickstart.

Please let me know how you want to proceed -- in the hope for a timely solution/fix, so Joomdev/Astroid remains a desirable choice and one must not be forced to turn elsewhere.

Thank you.

JS error with date/time form field and Joomla calendar popup 1 week 1 day ago #25900

• nishtha
Hi,

Akeeba Backup would work for us, if you can provide us the file it would be great.

We were asking for the details so as to check if there is any conflict with another plugin or extension. The more information you provide makes it easy for us to debug the issue and give you the fix as soon as we can.

So to keep both of us on the same page it would be great if you can provide us with a similar setup as yours.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

• Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds