fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New positions and templateDetails.xml

New positions and templateDetails.xml 1 week 9 hours ago #29657

• Jory
Hi, I downloaded and installed the version of Astroid Framework 2.5.2, please answer a few questions:

1. How to correctly add new positions for modules, how many of them can there be at all?
2. Where and in what files you need to register what. In the file templateDetails.xml, I see the positions, see screen 1, but when I add them, I see the names of the positions that are not in this file, see screen2. Why is this so?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

New positions and templateDetails.xml 18 hours 47 minutes ago #29748

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 629
Hi,

1. Go to the module manager and create new modules (creating a new position for every module). You don't have to publish these modules. Once done, these newly created positions would exist in Astroid Layout Manager.
2. You shouldn't make modifications to the templateDetails.xml file as those will be overwritten the next time there is an update for Astroid.

Another related topic I answered few minutes ago that you can probably relate to: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...he-template-xml-work

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

New positions and templateDetails.xml 15 hours 46 minutes ago #29749

• Jory
admin wrote:
Hi,

1. Go to the module manager and create new modules (creating a new position for every module). You don't have to publish these modules. Once done, these newly created positions would exist in Astroid Layout Manager.
2. You shouldn't make modifications to the templateDetails.xml file as those will be overwritten the next time there is an update for Astroid.

Another related topic I answered few minutes ago that you can probably relate to: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...he-template-xml-work

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Chetan

Hi, the question is, where did these positions come from, if I did not create them, these positions are not in the layout, and not in the file TemplateDetails.xml
Attachments:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds
Cron Job Starts