fbpx

Summer Sale: Enjoy Flat 35% Discount on all the Joomla Products. No Coupon RequiredGrab the Deal Now!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ?

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 6 days ago #29921

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I’m remaking a website made with Gantry and I try to recreate the type of Sticky header I use on it and the way I use it without hacking Astroid.

You can see the Gantry site here (on my test environment) —> www.graf-test.ca/graf2/
— Look at the infos module (phone/email/login/language) attach to it. It’s a part of my custom Gantry sticky header.

• I like to add, even if in a custom module the same (phone/email/login/language) to be a part of the sticky header.

Note: On my Astroid local site the social/phone/mail come from the Astroid Template manager settings and the login/language are in a custom module. — I dont care if they need to be transported to a custom module.

This is my Astroid header:

Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Chacapamac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 6 days ago #29926

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
Frontend folder overrides?

www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...p-for-topbar-section

You can make them sticky with CSS too (adding the sticky header class getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/examples/navbar-top-fixed/ to top bar using Layout Manager).

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 5 days ago #29948

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Frontend folder overrides?
• Yes, I can override, hack the code, but my point is to do it within Astroid template Manager.
On this post, as you can see, I’m not the only one asking. Also what that person want to do is really similar to what I need to do and probably what many other will want to do without having to hack templates.

Your answer:
The above isn't possible. The topbar isn't a layout. You'll have to hardcode the content of top bar into sticky.php file inside the header folder.

• Not really user-friendly....Can you provide an example of integration?

• Thanks for the bootstrap link, but again you ask us to do what 90% of Joomla template users will not be able to do.

Suggestion for making the Sticky header more flexible:

On the pictures I show you a possibility.

This is your actual Sticky Header possibilities

• You can see the 3 blocks (that you represent with lines ???) where you can add already modules positions
You name it : Header Block 1 in the template manager

What I think will fix that lack of flexibility is what I propose below:
— Just add a Bottom Block Left BlockTop Block to your existing Header Block 1 and rename it “Right Block” to keep it backward compatible with the proposed update.
Also add the options inputs (that you have already on your Header Block 1) for all new 3 blocks

Now you have a greatly enhanced flexibility to your Sticky Header
— Also note that you can also add that same flexibility to the Header possibilities.

Also I change the lines for block, make more sens to me.... ;)

If not I will have to Hack , just like all others templates providers..... :dry:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Chacapamac.

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 3 days ago #29982

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
Noted! Sometimes, having too many options is just overwhelming for users (my personal opinion).

The above is useful and I'll discuss it with the team to get it implemented but it's nothing we can turn around over night, so my suggestion for now. Hack the hell out of it.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 2 days ago #29997

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Sometimes, having too many options is just overwhelming
Agree with You Chetan. In the case of the Sticky Header, being a really important part of a website, I think that having more flexible options will be great.

Looking a bit, I see multiple post asking for that exact same possibility:

Some of them;
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...topbar-section#14709
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...-header-change#27999
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...in-sticky-menu#22109
www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-boston/1895-how...icky-like-the-header
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...lay-and-sticky#19015

and I didn’t continue on....

The last post
www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...lay-and-sticky#19015

Seem to have a simple solution that I will check and come back here....
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Chacapamac.

Trying to add a custom module on top of the Astroid sticky header (Logo-Menu)- template_one ? 2 weeks 2 days ago #30000

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
Nope that last post don’t work and I also try many other class and even custom code. Not working.

Kind of sad as the Astroid Sticky was the best Sticky include with the framework compare to the big Joomla framework out there (I try them All) — Just miss that flexibility....
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Chacapamac.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds
Cron Job Starts