fbpx

Summer Sale: Enjoy Flat 35% Discount on all the Joomla Products. No Coupon RequiredGrab the Deal Now!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: main menu - start at 2nd level and show it like 1st level - how to?

main menu - start at 2nd level and show it like 1st level - how to? 1 week 2 days ago #30047

• Ayko
Hello,

I'm looking forward to a solution for this case with astroid framework.

Menu-Levels (example)
1. Projekt A
1.1 Home
1.1.1 Newsletter
1.1.2 Downloads
1.2 About
1.2.1 Team
1.2.2 Office
1.3 contact

2. Project B
2.1 Home
2.1.1 Goals
2.1.2 Awards
2.2 Knowledge
2.2.1 architecture
2.2.2 nature
2.3 Shop
2.3.1 Plans
2.3.1 Studies

3. Project C
3.1 Home
3.1.1 Goals
3.1.2 Plan
3.2 Knowledge
3.2.1 Design
3.2.2 Development
3.3 Contact
3.3.1 Team

What I want to achieve:
One top-menu (solved with a normal menu module) with project-menu links only like
Project A | Project B | Project C

Within the main menu area (astroid header) I want to show (depending on top menu selection) the submenu with subsubmenu as dropdown. Example if selection "Project B" is active:

Home - Knowledge - Shop

This means that 2nd level menu item should have the design like a first level item at this position.
This unfortunately doesn't work.

I set up on astroid header section that menu item should start at second level. -> that worked
But it shows 2nd level menu items with the design of 2nd menu level items. -> that's wrong (for my design purpose).

Question:
How would it be possible to change this design behaviour? I guess it's somehow possible.

by the way...

.. my second try was:
usage of native joomla menu module and assign it to that position.
But this doesn't work. The menu doesn't fit to html structure and css of astroid.

...my third try was:
Set up different menu modules for each project.
Doesn't work due to the fact that it's only possible to select one menu within astroid header section.

Maybe a separate joomdev menu module would be helpful (just as extension hint ;-) )

best Ayko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

main menu - start at 2nd level and show it like 1st level - how to? 1 week 12 hours ago #30053

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
Hello,

There is no simple to achieve this. You can however achieve this the following way.

1. Create three menus (for each of your main menu and it's sub menu items).
2. Create three different Astroid styles (copy the existing one).
3. Assign the appropriate menu's and styles to correct pages and when you select one of the menu it's it will display the template style assigned to that page (and in the template style's setting's you have the correct main menu selected).

I hope I haven't made it too complicated for you.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

main menu - start at 2nd level and show it like 1st level - how to? 1 week 1 hour ago #30062

• Ayko
Hello,

ok, that could work by using the import/export settings function within astroid to adapt changes, right?

I'll give it a try.

best,
Ayko

main menu - start at 2nd level and show it like 1st level - how to? 6 days 23 hours ago #30064

• Ayko
admin wrote:
Hello,

3. Assign the appropriate menu's and styles to correct pages and when you select one of the menu it's it will display the template style assigned to that page (and in the template style's setting's you have the correct main menu selected).

Hello,

on more thing. How can I setup a menu module correctly to use the astroid styles for the menu module position in astroid-header?

If I assign it to astroid header I get different menu style.

Best regards,
Ayko
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds
Cron Job Starts