fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) Why not a plugin ? can you use this directly in an article ? Can I have an URL link to go and open an accordion item?

[SOLVED] Why not a plugin ? can you use this directly in an article ? Can I have an URL link to go and open an accordion item? 8 months 4 days ago #26136

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
My trusted RegularLab plugin doesn't work anymore with bootstrap 4. :blush:

For me it’s a big problem as I ALWAYS use accordions to make pages with lot of contents accessible, clean and easy to consult on desktop and this is even more important when using phone or smaller device.

You can cramp lot of infos and it stay easy to consult on all devices. You can even create a in-page navigation with a top menu linking pages sections and accordions items. Just put an go to top button after these sections and accordions and users can choose and navigate tons of informations in the same page even on a phone without waisting any times.

I start to look on the JED for a RegularLabs replacement and I came accros your JD Accordion. As you know, I embark with the Astroid framework not to long ago and I’m so happy to have make that choice...

Now about your Accordion Module:

1• Why a module ?
— I don’t understand that, why not a plugin, content accordions should be available directly in article, not in modules?
You even included Accordion & tabs in your page/article builder, this is where it should reside right in articles, not in stuck in a module. While being accessible can be interesting the real power is when you can builds accordions directly in your content.

Regularlabs let you embed directly in an article the type and titles of your (s) accordions in a snippet code and you just have to fill it’s accordion items up with your normal editor right in your article. No need to have to edit parts of your article in a distant module but right where the content should be, in your article.

My suggestion will be to create a plugins that permit to use what you already did in the modules directly in Joomla article and you will see the interest for JD Accordion explode as nobody yet have a modern solution, not even Regulalabs.

2• can you use hyperlinks to go to an accordion and/or accordion items if the hyperlink is in the same page or in another page ?
— This is a basic functionality you should be able to have links to accordions and accordions items and the should work like alias links (#my-alias-link). Like that, wherever you are in a site, by clicking an hyperlink you are redirect to the right page and the right accordion or accordion item (open on arrival)

This is my thought on this JD Accordion, what do you think?
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Chacapamac.
The topic has been locked.

Why not a plugin ? can you use this directly in an article ? Can I have an URL link to go and open an accordion item? 7 months 3 weeks ago #26337

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply this time, replies in order:

#1 JD Accordion is a module and not a plugin is because the module gives more options possibility than a plugin. Your suggestion is also correct we could have made it a plugin but then the team thought it would be better considering it as a module.

Now if I talk in terms of inserting this within the articles then you still can do this using the Load module feature in Joomla. This way you can customize the module for each article if required and publish it anywhere within it.

#2 This is something we can plan to add in the module maybe in future. As you are aware we already have this feature added for our JD Builder pro we can consider it adding here also. Not only this there are a lot of other options too we are planning to add in the module in future for sure.

Let us know for more.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chacapamac

Why not a plugin ? can you use this directly in an article ? Can I have an URL link to go and open an accordion item? 7 months 3 weeks ago #26350

• Chacapamac
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Thanks Nishtha for your answer. Solved for me.

For the accordion, the problem with the module way is that you have to edit the content in another place that your article. With the plugin way you edit everything in one place, in the article.

A system of hyperlink going to accordions is primordial, most of the good accordions out there go with the html anchor model, simple, efficient and available in editors
<a href="#example">Example headline</a>
Jump to
<h5><a id="example"></a>Example headline</h5>
other html here....

For me, not having a system to reach the content by url render the accordion system useless...

Good Day JoomDev!

Why not a plugin ? can you use this directly in an article ? Can I have an URL link to go and open an accordion item? 7 months 3 weeks ago #26365

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Great if it's solved for you but we'll add this feature in the future maybe then it will be helpful for you!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Cron Job Starts