fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Site Image & Link Question?

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22617

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 2
So I bought this relate to be the 2nd template on my site and the purpose will be for the Blog & also I want to create a second part called About. I can't really get it to work though and have a question about how I can do the following.

I want to have a unique image for the Blog menu & the About sections. Also I want the link to take you back to the About or Blog as if they were the home pages but still use the Astroid Zero as the main site. I have everything set up excect the site images & link. In the menu I'm going to have a Back to Sparkk TV button to take you back to the main site/main template.

I attached a screenshot. I know I can create a duplicate in the template manager for the different images, but how do I change the links that the image sends you to? That is my question? Thanks in advance...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by vbctv2005.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22622

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
Hi,

What you wrote is not very clear but from what I understood. You want to show Back to Sparkk TV as a menu item when people are NOT in the homepage.

There is a few different ways to accomplish this and here is one.
1. Duplicate the template style so you have 2.
2. Create a new menu with same menu items as main menu (make them menu aliases to avoid SEO issues) and add Back to Sparkk TV as the first menu item.
3. Assign the newly created duplicated style to the secondary pages (about and blog) and in the astroid header settings select the newly created menu.

You shall have what you need I suppose.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22638

• vbctv2005
I already know that part. What I was asking is, if there is a way to change the link that it goes to when you click the site image. By default the site image takes you to the home page no matter what. I wanted it so on the menu items where I use the one template for my blog, the image link takes you to /blog. On my about pages it takes you to /about-us instead of back to the home page. I only wanted the default template site image to go to the homepage.

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22639

• admin
  • Administrator
The link to the logo always default to the homepage. You can override the file logo.php and change it here.
github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/blo...rontend/logo.php#L56

and make it conditional based on Itemid so you don't end up changing it for both styles.
docs.joomdev.com/article/frontend-folder-overrides/

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22645

• vbctv2005
admin wrote:
and make it conditional based on Itemid so you don't end up changing it for both styles.

I don't understand that last part. I know to use the override, but how do I make it conditional using the itemid?

Site Image & Link Question? 1 year 3 months ago #22677

• admin
  • Administrator
The following should help on how to get the ItemId and use it.
It's a simple PHP statement: stackoverflow.com/questions/4529567/joom...-menu-itemid/8481331
Thank You,
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds
Cron Job Starts