fbpx

An Exclusive Offer For You To Grab JD Builder ProCheck Deal of The Day

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like Using JD Builder?

Submit feature requests on github and help improve JD builder.

Submit Now

TOPIC: (SOLVED) Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 5 months 2 days ago #15592

• VirtualBand
  • Thank you received: 2
The template is working beautifully, I just want to change the number of Categories per row that shows in the Virtuemart store. I go to Configuration / Template and in the option "Default number of categories in a row", which currently has 3, I put 4 (or any other value less or greater) but does not take the change, continues to display 3 categories per row . I'm not using anything different than what the template has installed. In other words I am not using any additional template to JD Atlanta or have changed anything to it. Could you tell me what may be is happening or what I need to change ?? Thank you.
The topic has been locked.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 5 months 1 day ago #15601

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 464
Can you try and see if there is a similar setting on the menu level of Virtuemart and try changing it there.

Try switching to the default Joomla template to verify if it's a virtuemart bug or something with the template.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 5 months 1 day ago #15607

• VirtualBand
Hello, thanks for the answer.
At the menu level, there is no parameter related to the number of categories per row that can be changed.

And with respect to Joomla Template, I change and try all the options that it brings and with all it behaves the same, no matter what value I put it, always displays 3 categories per row. Attached the images of the parameters (sorry, they are in Spanish). These images correspond to the option in Virtuemart Configuration / Templates.

The value in the images is 3 categories per row, I leave the value it brings when installing it. but I've tried it with 1, 2,4,8 and nothing happens.

Thanks
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by VirtualBand. Reason: Forgot a comment.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 5 months 7 hours ago #15632

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 496
Hello,

You can easily manage from the Global setting. See the attachment.

Thanks,
Chandan
Attachments:
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 4 months 4 weeks ago #15647

• VirtualBand
Hi Thanks for the answer, in effect, in those parameters is where you had to change it. I was lost because the option says "show children categories", which I do not use (children I mean), I only use one level of categories, that was the reason. But it is already working.
The maximum aesthetic value that I can put is 4, I wanted 5 but although the images are reduced in size, the titles of the categories remain the same size, try to change them in the VM - Categories module, have H3, probe H1, H2, H4, H5, but it does not change anything, could you tell me where I can change that? in some css ?? Or do I have to open another topic? If yes, you can close this topic. Thank you.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 4 months 4 weeks ago #15658

• Arvind
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello,

You can also show 5 categories in one row. Just put Show Children Category value to 5. See the screenshot below for reference.

https://www.screencast.com/t/9T3Hs2T0P

It doesn't require any CSS and yes the images will resize according to space available.

For HTML tag reference please ask this on VirtueMart support forum as they'll be able to guide you better.

If you have any other queries regarding our template feel free to use this support forum.

Thanks,
Arvind
Thank You,

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 4 months 4 weeks ago #15659

• VirtualBand
Thanks, I'll contacta Virtuemart forum. You can close this topic.

Virtuemart Changing Number of Categories doesn't work 4 months 4 weeks ago #15666

• Arvind
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello,

Great! thanks for using our support forum/

Thanks,
Arvind
Thank You,
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Cron Job Starts