fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template Style Error

Template Style Error 4 years 3 months ago #3570

• Millar
I wonder if you can help me please.

I had a component running called Preachit to implement some talks onto the website, that should be showing the correct date. I wrote to them to ask why and they shared the following:
Preachit shouldn't be outputting todays date for the series. The only times I've known something like this is when a site has a js script that manipulates sate/time to show the users current date. It may be that you have such a thing running on your site. Ut would need to be turned off to stop the interference.

I then went into JD Atlanta template to see if I could turn off the date, but when I tried to look at the Styles of the template it shows there is an error to the XML file in that it won't load. I then decided to turn off the component but still not able to open up, so I uninstalled the component, and still the same error is showing. What can I do to get XML file to open without starting all over again with this template?

Look forward to your reply.
Millar
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template Style Error 4 years 3 months ago #3572

• Millar
We decided to delete the JD Atlanta template and start again with this template. We turned off the date as suggested by Preachit then delete their component and start again with it. By doing this we have solved our issue.

Lesson: Ensure that if you are working with the date showing on your website, any plugins, modules or components that also work with JScript date needs to be switched off before installing them. Otherwise the template will not be able to function correctly.

All the best
Millar

Template Style Error 4 years 3 months ago #3590

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Thanks Millar this very useful post.

I hop this will help other users.

Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Cron Job Starts