fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Error: Could not connect to the database...

Error: Could not connect to the database... 1 year 8 months ago #10850

I have tried to install the Quickstart files to my hosting using cPanel, following the instructions in the: "How to Install Joomla Template and QuickStart?" guide. However I am getting an error: "Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL server." (attachment 1). I am confident the details I have entered are correct. I installed the quickstart zip in the "public_html" folder, there were some items already in there (please see attachment 2). Please advise, I need to get this website up and running by early next week. Thank you
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error: Could not connect to the database... 1 year 8 months ago #10858

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 595
Hello,

The error Could not connect to the database. is really just a connection error and has nothing to do with Joomla or the template.
To make sure the credentials are correct, please verify the following:
1. Looks like you are on cPanel, so your host name probably is localhost.
2. Make sure the database you are using is correct and exists in the mysql database (under cPanel).
3. Make sure the database username/password you are using is correct and change the password for the mysql user and copy paste is exactly as is.
4. Make sure the database user has access to the database you are using in #2 above.

Once you verify the above, you should be able to connect.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cron Job Starts