fbpx

An Exclusive Offer For You To Grab JD Builder ProCheck Deal of The Day

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

You can build one page sites with Astroid

Did you know that you can build one page website web Astroid, without using any 3rd party extension

Watch the tutorial

TOPIC: Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 3 weeks ago #16740

• ManuelaK
I got a problem in the product detail view, the plus and minus buttons are not working.
In the product status I set the 'product purchase steps' to 1, but with no effect.

Attached you find my shop template settings.
I'm not sure, but I believe it worked before I updated to Virtuemart 3.5.0.

Thanks for any hint.
Manuela

Joomla! 3.9.8
JD Boston Template
Virtuemart 3.5.0
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 3 weeks ago #16757

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 466
Hello Manuela,

JD boston hasn't been updated in a while so it could be that the overrides are not working with the latest up to date JS.

Why don't you try removing the Virtuemart overrides and see if that fixes the problem. It may remove additional layouts but atleast will fix the issues.

To temporarily remove the overrides, rename the com_virtuemart folder at JROOT/templates/jd_boston/html/ to com_virtuemart_old or something.
You can do the above by FTP.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 3 weeks ago #16763

• ManuelaK
Hello Chetan,

you are right, when I remove the overrides, the plus and minus buttons are working (but the layout is broken, see attached screenshot).

Kind regards
Manuela
Attachments:

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 3 weeks ago #16764

• admin
  • Administrator
That's the default layout Manuela.

I'll see if I can get someone to fix the overrides to be compatible with latest virtuemart version. If you dig in and try playing with the code. You can probably do it too.

Thanks,
CHetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 3 weeks ago #16789

• ManuelaK
Thank you, that would be fine. I'm afraid I wouldn't get this fixed on my own. ;-)

Kind regards
Manuela

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 2 weeks ago #16819

• ManuelaK
Hello Chetan,

I found the reason. In /index/templates/jd_boston/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/addtocartbar.php
there are no input buttons for plus and minus, only image tags (see addtocartbar tmpl JDBoston.jpg).

When I replaced the img tags with the input tags as the where in the original addtocartbar.php, the buttons worked, but I lost the images for + and -.
So I inserted two button tags with img included and now everything works fine, but the images do not appear centered and they lost their red color. (see plus minus new.jpg)
			<span class="quantity-controls js-recalculate">
				<div class="quantity-controls quantity-plus"><button type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-plus"><i class="fa fa-plus"></i></button></div>
				<span class="quantity-box">
					<input type="text" class="quantity-input js-recalculate" name="quantity[]"
					data-errStr="<?php echo vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_WRONG_AMOUNT_ADDED')?>"
					value="<?php echo $init; ?>" init="<?php echo $init; ?>" step="<?php echo $step; ?>" <?php echo $maxOrder; ?> />
				</span>
				<div class="quantity-controls quantity-minus"><button type="button" class="quantity-controls quantity-minus"><i class="fa fa-minus"></i></div>
			</span>

Can I fix this cosmetic problem?
But I am quite happy that I got it working at all. ;)

Kind regards
Manuela
Attachments:

Virtuemart quantity buttons in product detail not working 3 months 2 weeks ago #16820

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Manuela,

Let me see if I can spend some time on this and get back to you with a patch.

I am glad you got this working, this far.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds