fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18276

• ManuelaK
Sorry for asking, I couldn't find any instructions.

I have an existing page with JD Boston. Now I installed the JD Boston Astroid template and the layout is destroyed, some modules are not shown because the module positions are not the same anymore, e.g. the slider on the homepage, footer, copyright etc.
Do I really have to do the layout completely new or is there a way to upgrade from the existing layout?

Thanks for your help
Manuela
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18278

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi Manuela,

The new boston template installs side by side with your existing template thus giving to the ability to transition easily.

There is no automatic upgrade available. However, only thing you'd need to do is create the same module positions as the old boston template in the Astroid's layout manager and you'll be done.

Thanks,
CHetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18280

• ManuelaK
Hello,

I was trying to do that, but as I am not familiar with Astroid, I was afraid to destroy something. So I installed the JD Boston Quickstart to find the new positions and use them. That worked for me.

But now I have another question:
in the Astroid layout I changed all blue colours to red, cleared the cache, but except some links, all other elements (topbar, buttons, headers etc.) stay in blue. Where can I change these colours?

Thank you.
Kind regards
Manuela
Attachments:

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18281

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi Manuela,

Astroid is very well documentation with video tutorials for almost everything. Checkout the docs here docs.joomdev.com

Astroid give your much more flexibility when it comes to customizing colors (background or links/text) on a section level. Checkout: docs.joomdev.com/article/layout-manager-for-dummies/

For example, the topbar of boston has the background color coming from the section level.
More here: docs.joomdev.com/category/astroid-user-manual/layout-settings/

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18284

• ManuelaK
Thank you so much for you helpful answer!
I didn't recognise that the section has its own settings, I only had seen the settings for the elements... *facepalm*

Kind regards
Manuela

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18287

• ManuelaK
Sorry for asking again, but I cannot find where to change the colors of the buttons and other elements like input.button, btn-primary, h3.module-title, the VM button, the lines in dropdown menus and headers etc.
There are so many elements still in blue color, I am a little bit desperate. :( Do I have to change all these css manually?

Kind regards
Manuela

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18316

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 100
Hello,

Here colors come in three ways. 1: Template Backend. 2: CSS 3: JD Builder

1. For Template Backend Settings: docs.joomdev.com/category/astroid-user-manual/
2. We have used a variable name of primary in our CSS for blue color and primary made from cyan color so that you have to change the cyan color from the Template backend
See screenshot: www.screencast.com/t/HvuKQMNd
3. For JD Builder Settings: docs.joomdev.com/article/element-design-settings/

Thanks,
Lalit
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at JoomDev and let the world know about it.

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18319

• ManuelaK
Thank you so much!
I had no idea to handle the theme settings, your hint was the key! :)

Kind regards
Manuela

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18325

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 645
Please share the screenshot where you want to change the color.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

How to upgrade existing page to JD Boston Astroid template 1 year 9 months ago #18327

• ManuelaK
I got it already solved, it was the primary color in the theme settings.
Thank you!

Kind regards
Manuela
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds
Cron Job Starts