fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Template Upgrade and Styling

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20651

• Weblox
Hi @ JOOMDEV

First I want to mention that I am still a beginner with Joomla and really love your great templates. I am still running a Joomla installation with the older Version of JD Boston based on the T3-Framework.

Reading through the Forum I have came across the TOPIC: www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-boston/3958-how...ton-astroid-template
If I understand corrctly, I can upgrade safely to the new JD Boston Template with T3 and Astroid running parallel on my Joomla at the same time? (Awesome!!) Quote: There is no automatic upgrade available. However, only thing you'd need to do is create the same module positions as the old boston template in the Astroid's layout manager and you'll be done.

Question:
- Can this be done with Code instead of manually applying the module Positions in the Layout manager?
- Can you provide us the necessary code (for copy/ paste) , please?

Reading more in the Forums I also have learned how to use the "fixheader" Page Class in Menu Items. This also was of great help.

Question: Is there a similar way to force Menu Items to show all content (e.g. CB Profiles / K2 Item views) in full width (like the Smart Slider)?

K2 Styling - Questions in T3 - based Template (see Screenshots):

- Screen_1: K2 Grid view with a nice white background behind every article preview. This is how I want all my K2 itemviews to appear.
- Screen_2: K2 Tag view without the white background. Inspecting with Firefox shows [div class= tagItemList].
- Screen_3: K2 Main Article view without the white background. Inspecting with Firefox shows [div class=itemBody].
- Screen_3: K2 Search itemlist without the white background. Inspecting with Firefox shows [div class=genericItemView].

Question: How can I add the white background to these three div classes in my T3- based Template?

Thanks a lot for your great Templates and all the support.
Keep up the good work!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Weblox.
The topic has been locked.

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20656

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
Hello,

Thank you for continuing to use JD Boston with Astroid. JD boston template has had over 25K+ downloads and we plan to update it in the near future with further enhancements.

The update from T3 to Astroid isn't automatic and there is no copy paste solution per se. I am going to try and answer your questions in a little broader manner so it's related to Astroid in general and not these specific use case.
1. Here is some great documentation on Layout Manager (docs.joomdev.com/article/layout-manager-for-dummies/), If you read through it. It will literally take under 30 minutes to mimic the same layout for modules as T3.
2. Forcing content width: The layout manager is offers great flexibility to expand your content, background or both (100% edge to edge) using very simple settings. (this should help docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-do-full-...sections-in-astroid/)
3. Adding white or any background in random area's (see the video below).
getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/utilities/colors/
tip: you'll be using the class bg-white wherever you want white background color.

Hoping this helps!
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weblox

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20658

• Weblox
Hi @admin,

thanks a lot for your prompt answer. These links will help me a lot, once I have upgraded to astroid, but this will still take a little time. Because I have already put so much time in customizing the T3-based Version of JD Boston, I will need to keep the T3-Version as a fallback Version on my Joomla. Also I need to showoff my Progress soon...

Please, can you share some advice on how to do it in the T3-Version, especially on how to add the white background to the mentioned div classes via code modification in the template.less file.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts.

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20659

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 592
Hi,

I am not sure if you can do it that easily in T3 as well. Hence one of the major reasons to move away from T3 to astroid. And, I haven't used the T3 interface in a few years now, so kind of lost here. Sorry, I wish I could help.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weblox

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20660

• Weblox
Hi again,

Thank you so much for getting back with me. I think I alrdy found the solution. I have been looking in the wrong file. Those Div classes all are not in the Template.less file, but all in the K2.css. I will now work through those and I am sure, I can get it fixed now.

Again, thanks for all your help and keep up the good work!

Template Upgrade and Styling 6 months 2 weeks ago #20664

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 123
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated!
It would be amazing if you could tweet about your experience with us on our twitter handle: twitter.com/joomdev
Topic Closed!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by nishtha.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds