fbpx

Missed the Birthday Party? Still You Can Enjoy the PartyView Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting

Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting 3 months 3 weeks ago #21391

• earang
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, my friends,
I would like to ask several questions related to JD Boston template.

Firstly I'm very new to joomdev, I wanted to try the quality of the products then I saw that the start with JD Boston would be good since it's a nice template.

I installed it then everything worked fine until I updated the astroid framework then problems come out. I solved some of them by searching here in the forum but others not including this error that I get in frontend and backend:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ';' or '{' in xxxxxx/plugins/system/jdbuilder/libraries/jdpagebuilder/Builder.php on line 52

The error happened after adding a new menu item.

How can I solve it?

my Joomla version is 3.9.16
installed Virtuemart 3.6.10

I would like to ask: Is JD Boston will get regular updates for future compatibility with Joomla 4?
Is it fine to use it with the jd page builder for a long term project?
thanks
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by earang.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting 3 months 3 weeks ago #21401

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 582
Hello,

The error is NOT with JD boston but with JD builder installed in it. It's you reinstall JD builder by downloading it from our website and that should solve the problem.
All our products & templates will be made compatible with Joomla 4 as we move forward.
Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting 3 months 3 weeks ago #21405

• admin
  • Administrator
Actually you are using PHP version 5.6 and upgrading to 7.0 or above would fix this.

no need to reinstall.
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting 3 months 3 weeks ago #21406

• earang
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Chetan.
Thank you for replying to me.

- I installed JD page builder by downloading from here not prebuilt because I didn't use the quickstart since I have already a website for years.

- I use PHP 7.3

The issue solved by downgrading to PHP 7.2 which means it's not a solution where we as website owners want to be up to date without issues not to downgrade for compatibility.

If you have additional idea I would be happy to know from you :)

Regards

Boston Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting 3 months 3 weeks ago #21408

• admin
  • Administrator
We are in the process of making it work with PHP 7.4, however it works fine with PHP 7.3 for the time being.
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds