fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Extremely complicated and confusing

Extremely complicated and confusing 1 year 5 days ago #23466

I regard these Joomdev templates as extremely complicated and confusing.

I'm looking now for a few day's to change some contentbut I'm simply not able to find it in the backoffice.

Joomla is known for it's straight forward working method with articles, categories and maybe an extra module with custom content.

In Joomdev the content is everywhere and nowhere which makes it very confusing and time consuming.

For example I added a screenshot of the section I have to change.

No idea where to find this content.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Extremely complicated and confusing 1 year 4 days ago #23468

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I am going to provide you a few methods on how to locate stuff rather than just pointing where to edit this specific module.

Try enabling the Joomla Template positions and view what modules are published on what positions:
docs.joomdev.com/article/how-to-view-tem...positions-in-joomla/

Try installing the Admin Bar plugin that gives you access to edit the current page and it's associated modules right away.
www.joomdev.com/products/extensions/jd-admin-bar

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Extremely complicated and confusing 1 year 3 days ago #23490

The basic idea of Joomla is that content is used from articles out of the box from Joomla itself or K2.

Or a custom html in a module

Even with your advise I'm not able to find out where the content is hidden to edit this. Even if I go to the page of JD Builder I still can not editing anything.

All the advantages of Joomla is gone with these templates and I don't understand why this should be.

Joomdev templates are very nice but it's only meant for nerds who have the time to dive into the complex structure.

For me as a one men's business Joomdev templates are useless. I think this will be the same for most one men's or small businesses.

Sorry to say so.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 days ago by martin1006.

Extremely complicated and confusing 1 year 3 days ago #23494

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 642
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your feedback. I would agree that Joomla in general is a bit confusing and you have to invest a certain amount of time to get familiar with 3rd party extensions (either our templates or someone else's).

If you are still trying to find the solution, the section in question is part of JD Builder and is second section from top. If you use Live Preview you should be able to edit it using Navigation and Guides.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds
Cron Job Starts