fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Extension Updates Disabled

Extension Updates Disabled 11 months 1 day ago #23945

When I initially installed the JD-Boston template, I used the Quickstart package to do so.
When I go to "Extensions - Manage - Update Sites" I see that the update sites for numerous extensions are disabled.
Can I safely enable updates for these extensions, or is it important, for compatibility with the template, that they not be updated?
Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Extension Updates Disabled 11 months 1 day ago #23948

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

You can go ahead and update the extensions, but there can be some minor issues with some of the updates, like right now you might be getting the Astroid Framework update to v2.4.1 for which I would suggest NOT to update because the framework version is not fully compatible with the template version so we will be shortly be releasing and update for JD Boston which can be updated.
So please wait for a few days before updating any extension on JD Boston.

Do let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

Extension Updates Disabled 10 months 4 weeks ago #24098

• nishtha
[email protected] wrote:
When I initially installed the JD-Boston template, I used the Quickstart package to do so.
When I go to "Extensions - Manage - Update Sites" I see that the update sites for numerous extensions are disabled.
Can I safely enable updates for these extensions, or is it important, for compatibility with the template, that they not be updated?
Thank you!

Hi,

We have now released JD Boston's update with the latest Astroid please go ahead and update your template, do let us know if you still have anymore questions for us.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Extension Updates Disabled 10 months 4 weeks ago #24110

jd_boston doesn't appear when I search for available extension updates. Is there a different way this is supposed to be updated?

Extension Updates Disabled 10 months 4 weeks ago #24114

• nishtha
Hi,

JD Boston is a free template you can see its update in the update manager, if not then download it from the Download manager: www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/jd-boston and install it.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Extension Updates Disabled 10 months 4 weeks ago #24121

Thank you. Just to clarify, I assume I can just do the following:
1 - In the Administrator panel, go to "Extensions - Manage - Install - Install from URL"
2 - Enter the URL you gave me
And this will update jd_boston on my site. Correct? Will this also add an "Update Sites" entry for jd_boston, or will I always need to update jd_boston manually?
I'm not sure, but I think maybe there are other extensions that don't have matching update sites entries. Is there a way to add an update site for an extension?
Thanks.

Extension Updates Disabled 10 months 3 weeks ago #24159

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 645
Hello,

Please download the latest JD Boston Template zip file and install it. After installed you need to clear the template cache.
www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/jd-boston

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,

The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds
Cron Job Starts