fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Like Using JD Builder?

Submit feature requests on github and help improve JD builder.

Submit Now

TOPIC: Thank you!

Thank you! 1 week 1 day ago #16051

• kalasoft
  • photographer, artist, programmer & athlete
Shortly after downloading JD Builder yesterday I had my photography site (Ed Hathaway's photosite) converted over (using your Astroid Zero template) in a couple hours. JD Builder is smartly developed, flexible and very intuitive to work with. Having used YOOtheme's page builder, JD Builder (free release) ranks close in it's initial release against this commercial product. Job well done!

The only issue I have with Joomla pagebuilder extensions is the lack of native Joomla articles (Content) use & support. In addition, the text editor provided within the builder Content option is very limited and forces you to add a lot of code commands via the 'source code' option. Not a deal breaker for me but it is nice to button control (JCE Editor) editing tasks!

All-in-all, I give JD Builder (free release) a 5 Star rating and excited to see that gets added moving forward.

In regards,
Ed Hathaway
GraphicAholic.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thank you! 1 week 1 day ago #16055

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 390
Thanks Ed. I know you were an early adopter of Astroid too where we had a few discussion last year.

JD builder is very very young at the moment and we have a ton of features that will be added it to in the coming few weeks. Joomla articles content being one of the element.

As far as the editor is concerned, due to the way we developed it, it was impossible to get any Joomla editor's code initiated in there. Hence, we did our custom editor, Can you tell me what editor options you think are missing and should be added in there? We already have color and background colors on our list for the next release.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Thank you! 1 week 1 day ago #16063

• kalasoft
Chetan,

Having the ability to incorporate/use Joomla articles within a pagebuilder would be the 'game changer' for sure. I hate using 'Joomla' extensions/apps that don't allow you to use Joomla features! Regarding JD Pagebuilder editor options, I'd like to see a 'links' and 'image' button.

Chetan, thank you for your fast reply and future development plans for JD Builder. I'm looking forward in seeing how it develops as a stand-along extension, inter-grade with your template library and equals (if not surpass) existing Joomla pagebuilders that seem to stop development once they reach what others have done.

p.s. speaking of Astroid... will there come a time when we will be able to have the offcanvas menu open up on the 'right' side of the page? Reason for asking is ease of use and accessibility for handicap site visitors. With the current 'right' hamburger icon and 'left' offcanvas opening, a handicapped person has to navigate the entire websites footprint just to make a menu selection. Here in the USA the biggest website development is centered around being ADA Compliant. Your current template framework system does not score well with Lighthouse tests without doing a great deal of custom coding (BUT... this is typical with most Joomla extensions or template frameworks developed outside the USA compliant requirements and/or laws).

In regards,
Ed Hathaway
GraphicAholic.com

Thank you! 1 week 1 day ago #16064

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 390
Hello Ed,

Yes, Will keep you posted on the progress of the same.
We do have our own Media Manager that's used in Astroid & JD builder so we'll use the same for image icon and have planned for links as well.

On the offcanvas one, it's already done starting astroid 2.2.0, You are able to manage the offcanvas direction. See changelog here: github.com/joomdev/Astroid-Framework/releases/tag/v2.2.0

It's all in the header options.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Thank you! 1 week 1 day ago #16066

• kalasoft
Chetan,

Sorry, I totally missed that offcanvas toggle button :oops: Thanks and I look forward to the upgrades as they are released and again, Thank you!

In regards,
Ed Hathaway
GraphicAholic.com
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

JD Builder - The Next Generation
Joomla Page Builder

Now Design any Layout with Drag and Drop Interface.