fbpx

Freedom Can't be Discounted, But Joomla Templates Can - 30% OFF. Coupon: 73RDINDEPENDENCEDAYGrab the Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

You can build one page sites with Astroid

Did you know that you can build one page website web Astroid, without using any 3rd party extension

Watch the tutorial

TOPIC: Using JD Builder inside Joomla pages and/or with Gantry 5

Using JD Builder inside Joomla pages and/or with Gantry 5 1 week 5 days ago #16957

I have a project for which JD builder would work perfectly and I am very curious to learn more about it.
The issue is this: The project is a "One Page Layout" using Gantry 5, and I need to have several separate articles display in the "OnePage". Building a whole page with anchors with a single JD builder wouldn't work as different people are in charge of each page/section of the OnePage.

Hence here are my questions:

1) Is there a way to use JD Builder inside a regular Joomla page? (Similar to how we are able to insert a module in a article)
2) Alternatively, is there a way to insert JDB Pages in a Gantry5 as an element?

I have installed a test site with the Zenith Template (Gantry5) and JD Builder, but I have been unable to display, as an example, a "Blog Layout" comprised of JDB pages.
Additionally, whenever I try to display a JDB page in the template I get one of Gantry messy errors that are too involved to troubleshoot easily.

I'd love to be able to use JDB for this (and other) project as its "lego blocks" format would help my collaborators a great deal.Unfortunately, I don;t have a lot of time to make a decision and it has to work with Gantry5.

Thank you.

PS: This is the page I am experimenting with: communityhousingcapital.org/2018-impact/ right now it shows an error. It may change by the time someone looks at it.
This is the website we are trying to reproduce with ours: www.calvertimpactcapital.org/2018-impact-report
The reason I would like to use JDB is because in our version we are going to have more charts and graphs and other element that as of now I'd need to code myself for every contributor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using JD Builder inside Joomla pages and/or with Gantry 5 1 week 4 days ago #16963

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 414
Hello,

Thanks for trying out JD builder. The module type JD builder will be available in the next release and that should work out in both the above cases.

It's answered here too: www.joomdev.com/forum/jd-builder/3623-whole-page-only

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Using JD Builder inside Joomla pages and/or with Gantry 5 1 week 3 days ago #16990

Hi, thank you for the reply. Sounds like the release of the new version is imminent, isn't it?
That would be very helpful. I like the builder very much, especially for projects where I have clients that want to build their own pages but don't have the coding skills.

I'll be waiting for the release.
There is another issue, I am using a rockettheme template (Zenith) but each time I try to load a page I created with JDB I get a Gantry error.
This is the link: communityhousingcapital.org/2018-impact/test-2

The error is (Just in case I manage to fix it between now and when you have a chance to see it):
Twig \ Error \ RuntimeError
An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Declaration of Gantry\Component\Stylesheet\Scss\Compiler::importFile($path, Leafo\ScssPhp\Formatter\OutputBlock $out) should be compatible with Leafo\ScssPhp\Compiler::importFile($path, $out)").
Previous exceptions
Declaration of Gantry\Component\Stylesheet\Scss\Compiler::importFile($path, Leafo\ScssPhp\Formatter\OutputBlock $out) should be compatible with Leafo\ScssPhp\Compiler::importFile($path, $out) (2)

On another page, I also get this:
communityhousingcapital.org/2018-impact/home
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message "Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 589824 bytes)"
Stacktrace:
#0 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in /home/ab1037/public_html/2018-impact/libraries/gantry5/vendor/leafo/scssphp/src/SourceMap/SourceMapGenerator.php:251

Essentially, I haven't been able to see JDB in action with Gantry at all. If I change templates, then it works fine.

For the record, there is something wrong with this template and I am about to place a ticket in that regard. Could be related but it may not. I will test with another Gantry Template as soon as I have a chance.

Thank you again for the reply

Using JD Builder inside Joomla pages and/or with Gantry 5 1 week 3 days ago #16991

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 414
Hello (again),

The release is right on the edge.

The issue I can see is related to SCSS and with the changes we are moving, I think the latest release will fix this above error as well. We'll defiantly test it with the latest Gantry just to be sure.

You are right, builder is very useful when you want your clients to be able make edits all by themselves.Again, this is the very first version of the builder. The plans we have for the future (near future) would far surpass the functionality and performance you see in the builder right now. So, stay put.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Happy Independence Day
Save Flat 30%

Celebrate Liberty with The Sizzling Summer Sale - Coupon: 73RDINDEPENDENCEDAY