Stay Home & Grab 40% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 4 months 3 weeks ago #18632

• MTC
Hi, please and thank you.
I can't seem to change a text color and have it applied to the text. It appears to revert back to the default color. And if I try too many times then the text starts typing in reverse. I can click the text icon and a palette pops up and I can slide the brush around but the new color doesn't stay. It doesn't matter if I start fresh with text or select text..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 4 months 3 weeks ago #18638

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 511
Hello,

The WYSIWYG editor included in JD builder isn't really the best in the world. There are some knows issues that some missing features too. We are working on a fix and it will be included in the next release (Few weeks).

2 alternate options I can give you for now.
1. Use Joomla module instead of editor and type your text in the mod_custom textarea with the Joomla editor.
2. Use an online editor to prepare your HTML and then copy paste HTML in the source of editor (html-online.com/editor/).

Sorry it has to be this way but this is the online possible option at this point.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MTC

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20341

• J-Media
Any update on this? The last post was 3 months ago.

I'm considering buying the Page Builder plug-in, but with the current WYSIWYG editor the whole system is totally unusable. If I just add one letter of text to a content block for example, that results in tons of unwanted colouring and formatting code.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by J-Media.

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20342

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 74
Hi,

Sorry but currently there aren't any updates to the WYSIWYG editor, but it's just the color picker in it that doesn't work correctly rest of the styling can easily be done.
You can consider buying the JD Builder plugin for its other features!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20344

• J-Media
Is there an option to disable the color picker?
In my editor colors are added even without the picker being selected. So when I just type text it gets random colors for each letter. For example, when I type "Hello" the editor translated that on the fly to "Hello". That is why it is unusable for live sites.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by J-Media.

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20346

• nishtha
For this just either try clearing all the formatting of the editor or delete the Content element & re-add the content again without doing any changes on the color picker. If you still want to change the text's color the you can do that from Design > Typography > Choose Text Color (www.screencast.com/t/kWgwT2IZHx)

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by nishtha.

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20347

• J-Media
I did clear all formatting and start typing fresh in the editor (so without any copying, just plain typing). I've just added the sentence (again just typing in the editor): "Hello this is a test" which results in this code:
H<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)">e<font color="rgba(186, 0, 16, 1)">l<font color="rgba(0, 96, 96, 1)">l<font color="rgba(0, 0, 150, 1)">o<font color="rgba(0, 0, 80, 1)"> <font color="rgba(186, 0, 1, 1)">t<font color="rgba(0, 134, 1, 1)">h<font color="rgba(11, 1, 16, 1)">i<font color="rgba(0, 16, 22, 1)">s<font color="rgba(0, 0, 34, 1)"> <font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">i<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">s<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)"> <font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">a<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)"> <font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">t<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">e<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">s<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)">t<font color="rgba(0, 0, 64, 1)"> </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font><br></font></font></font></font></font>

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 1 month 3 weeks ago #20366

• nishtha
Hi,

How is this possible, I also tried on a new Content element and this is what I can see: www.screencast.com/t/YQlZLFPC0dyq
On a fresh element you cannot see the color codes unless you have copied the text from somewhere. Delete & add the element again!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 2 weeks 1 day ago #20981

• poselziobro1
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
nishtha wrote:
Hi,

How is this possible, I also tried on a new Content element and this is what I can see: www.screencast.com/t/YQlZLFPC0dyq
On a fresh element you cannot see the color codes unless you have copied the text from somewhere. Delete & add the element again!

Thanks,
Nishtha

I have a very similar problem
After JD Builder upgrade, when I want to edit the text in Content, they get different colors by writing letters. Instead of maintaining your color. And then you can see it on the frontend as well.

Design > Typography > Choose Text Color does not help. Nothing changes

Content Text Color in the WYSIWYG 2 weeks 22 hours ago #21011

• nishtha
Hey,

Yes we are very much aware of this issue, it will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

• Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds