fbpx

Stay Home & Grab 40% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Add scheduling to visibility?

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20984

• haakp.
Hi, I have a button that I want to make visible at a certain time in the future.

I've found how I can prepare the content and keep it hidden. There are a number of buttons and I want one to become visible every week at a specific date/time.
Behind the button is a download, that people should not be able to get to before the specified date.

But I would like to know if there is also a way to schedule when this becomes visible, much like you would schedule a 'normal' joomla article?
I have not found a way to add custom code to a control, which would also be an alternative solution.

If not that would be a very cool feature!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20985

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 511
Hi,

you have ability to schedule publishing for modules in Joomla.
Use JDbuilder module to create your buttons and add them where you wish and then select the publishing date in the module to publish them at a later date.

Thank You,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20987

• haakp.
oh right, that is a workaround that might work, will try if I can get that to work. It feels a bit cumbersome as we have about 100 buttons on the website.

I was looking if I could add code into the CSS of the button, would that work too?
That way I would not have to rebuild my whole page... Thanks in advance!

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20988

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi,

Scheduling publishing of individual elements isn't really something a lot of folks would need a something we have on our roadmap. I'd recommend going the module route and rebuilding the page.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20991

• haakp.
I see, it's just that adding the module screws up my layout, so was looking to avoid that by adding code to the css pane. If that is not going to work, I'll have to go for the module route, but could you recommend a module layout that sticks closest to my original setup? It's used throughout the website and I do want to keep it consistent.

I'm using a row with 6 columns and each column has a button in it, so there is not much room left. have all styles set to none.

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20993

• admin
  • Administrator
You can use boostrap classes on the module level (assuming you are using astroid along) and apply them as module class suffix to get rid of any extra padding/margin's you may see on the module level.

see documentation about it here:

If you are not using Astroid, better reach out to the template developer for help on the same!
Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20994

• haakp.
ok, something else strange I noticed. I have copied a module with a button in it. Then renamed the copy and edited the button in the copy. Now suddenly in the original I see the same changes I applied to the copy.

If that is expected behaviour I have a problem, because I do need to put different buttons in, so no cross-infection (sorry for my english) between the edits...

In fact all the JD Builder modules I made are now automatically being updated to the last thing I changed :S

Add scheduling to visibility? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20995

• admin
  • Administrator
That is a bug that exists in copied articles and modules (for now) and is fixed and will be available next week.

A work around is to export the JSON of the module and import after new module creation.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds