Stay Home & Grab 20% Discount COVID19Grab Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED) Editing pages ERROR instead of page preview

[SOLVED] Editing pages ERROR instead of page preview 3 weeks 9 hours ago #21984

• earang
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello

AS the title, when I log into the backend of JD page builder and I edit the page in preview mode then it keeps load and it gives a component not found

look at the this screenshot

prnt.sc/sblnqm

It was working good before I update JD builder

Thanks

UPDATE!!
The topic set to resolved since the issue got solved now.
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by earang. Reason: The topic set to resolved since the issue got solved now.
The topic has been locked.

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 6 days ago #22000

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 90
Hi,

It seems you have firstly opened this issue twice, and then secondly please provide a screenshot of the console inspecting the live preview space.
Also please try and keep up with the Forum Rules of not opening 2 topics with the same issue, it creates confusion for both of us.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earang

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 5 days ago #22050

• earang
Hello,

It seems for me not the same issue. But anyway you can see the screenshots and you'll understand.

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 5 days ago #22070

• nishtha
Hi,

Can you please confirm 2 things here, firstly the menu item this page is assigned to is published or not and secondly please check the Access level of this page under Page Settings options: www.screencast.com/t/KU4BG9Jwi

Let us know their status!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 4 days ago #22078

• earang
Hi

I don't know how this forum is working ... I was writing a reply with screenshot links but I got this message then I lost my reply to you

Error
You have too many links in your message, please decrease it!

it's wasting a time

Anyway thank you for your response.

In short words again the issues are not same and it seems that I was right when I opened 2 topics

first issue is in backend only and also for only jdbuilder page which i use for website homepage with access level set to "public" it work normally on frontend but when I edit the layout of the page in preview mode then the preview in right column is giving "component" not found error.

The second issue is for all components and it happens on frontend not the backend and not for jdbuilder pages only ... let's say I have an article and then google indexed it in search results but I deleted this article then a visitor come from google through the old url .. what should he see? normally he/she should see a beautiful 404 error page but in this case he/she just gets this error meesage (View not found [name, type, prefix]: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, html, jdbuilderView)

where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the alias of the article or category or any page url.

look again to the screenshots that I attached before because I can't insert links.

Thank you in advance
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by earang.

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 4 days ago #22079

• nishtha
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience we'll see why did that happen on the forum.

Also since you have made it clear now that the 2 issues are different I have reopened the other post we can now discuss it there, also since its the error page issue of JD Boston we'll keep it in that category.

Ok now as you are saying the page is published & access level is also Public, then we need to look into this further for that can you please send us you backend login details along with this forum link on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can clearly look were the problem is(for both the issues).

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 3 days ago #22087

• earang
Hi Nishtha,

I've sent you the necessary login details with the admin URL. Kindly check your inbox This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you

Editing pages component not found instead of page preview 2 weeks 2 days ago #22120

• nishtha
Yes I have received your details, will review it and let you know!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

[SOLVED] Editing pages ERROR instead of page preview 1 week 6 days ago #22220

• earang
Hello,
here is an update as a reference for anyone who might face the same issue and look for a solution.

As per communication with "Nishtha Mathur" from JoomDev via email the issue was because that I created the page and then I created a menu item with a type JD builder page so the preview process took the first menu item id. After that, I disabled this menu item and I used the page with different menu item so the preview was giving an error which is (component not found).

to solve it just trash the old menu or change the type of the menu to something else or even set another JBuilder page for it. For me, I chose to change the menu item type and it solved the issue.

This solution was from Nishtha.

Thanks for the flexibility and waiting for more solutions to enhance these great products.

[SOLVED] Editing pages ERROR instead of page preview 1 week 6 days ago #22231

• nishtha
Hi,

Prefect this problem is solved, topic closed.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds