fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestion: Edit saved templates

Suggestion: Edit saved templates 5 months 1 week ago #22166

Hi Guys, i've almost finest my first website with JD Builder Pro. I love the options to save templates so i can make a standard in my website. I changed a photo in a template part that's coming back on every page. But i think there isn't an option to edit a saved template yet. Now i have to open all the pages and replace them with the new saved modified template / image. Could this be an option in the near future?
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by APEXCreative.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestion: Edit saved templates 5 months 1 week ago #22175

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 134
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion and appreciation, I'll put this up to the team and lets see what they have to say about it.
But for now you have to do it that way only.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Suggestion: Edit saved templates 5 months 1 week ago #22176

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 603
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have a few different options we are working on to implement in the near future.

Right now, when you insert a template inside a page; it becomes part of the page itself. So, any changes to the template (even if possible) are not reflected in the page it was imported to. However moving forward, we'll have so called "Global" or "Dynamic" templates that will let you import elements/sections into pages and modify certain areas within the page while inheriting the rest from the template itself.

An example of this would be the button element.
You can have a template for a button element and import it in multiple pages changing the text and link of the button in each instance while inheriting the styling and typography globally from the template and any changes to the button template will reflect immediately in all the places the template has been imported.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that JD Builder is actually being used and helping users make the best of Joomla.

Thank you for your continued support and suggestions throughout the forum.
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Cron Job Starts