fbpx

Trick or Treat - 30% OFF - Coupon Code: SCARY20 Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 1 day ago #23135

• Messina
Hi everyone,
through JD Builer I created a "google maps" element.
(I confirm that I have configured JD Builder with the Google Map API Key)

Unfortunately I can't enter a value in the "search location" field. Is I enter the correct address and then I save, the field is empty again when the element is reopened.
The latitude and longitude values (entered manually) remain in the respective fields, but the address is always deleted.

I saw the video tutorial (Introducing Google Maps Element for JD Builder); the video shows that, after entering the first characters, the corresponding addresses are suggested; in my case this does not happen.

The map appears on the front end for a fraction of a second, but disappears almost immediately; then you read the error "... Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly ...!

Am I making any setup errors?
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 1 day ago #23144

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 135
Hi again,

Please confirm your JD builder version you are using, this issue has already been fixed in one of the earlier updates.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 1 day ago #23147

• Messina
I'm using JD Builder v1.7.2PRO

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 1 day ago #23166

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Hi,

It's suppose to work this way, where you type in a location/address and select it and JD Builder saves the Latitude and Longitude value of it. Address it intentionally left blank after save so it doesn't have to keep looking for Lat/Long every-time to display the address.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 1 day ago #23170

• Messina
ok, I understand, thanks
but unfortunately I can't understand why it doesn't work

what can i check?

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 19 hours ago #23172

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 135
Hi Messina,

When you enter a location in the Search Location bar then you get your desired location and the name displayed in the Address Title field also.
But, when you enter a location via latitude & longitude fields then you need to manually write the location's name in the Address Title field.

The address will never be saved in the Search Location field because its field type is a search bar and it is just used for searching the locations and not saving them.

As per your last screenshot it seems you have entered your location via latitude & longitude fields, therefore you need to write the location's address manually in the Address Title field for it to be displayed. And as far as the frontend error on the map is concerned please make sure you have entered the correct latitude & longitude values without any spaces.

Let us know if you have anymore doubts.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Gogle maps element (in JD Builder) not work 4 months 19 hours ago #23174

• Messina
Hi,
unfortunately I have already done what you have explained.
The problem is not the failure to display the title, but the failure to display the whole map (as seen in the image).
I also did several tests to avoid syntax problems, but nothing has changed.

I only entered the full address (without lat and long); I entered the address, also filling in the latitude and longitude fields; I entered only latitude and longitude.
I tried to insert lat and long with the "." or with the "," and always without spaces. I had already done all these checks before writing the post and now I have done them again.

Unfortunately, the error continues to occur.

If it is not a bug (since you confirm that the system works), there must be something wrong with the settings, but I don't understand what.
But I have to find a way to solve it. :oops:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds