fbpx

Astroid 2.4 Landed with Joomla 4 Compatibility Download Now

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Super Excited - JD Builder can be use in article! — More infos please?

Super Excited - JD Builder can be use in article! — More infos please? 1 week 1 day ago #25148

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I just fell over and I’m really excited :woohoo:

I just saw that paragraph on the Joomla Extension Directory about JD Builder...
Integration with Joomla Articles
After the release of JD Builder Pro, a user asked us if we can use JD Builder within the Joomla Articles?
At that time, it was not possible.
But now, it is possible.
Now, you can integrate JD Builder with Joomla's article and use all the features within it.
If you want to use the readymade sections or templates within the article, you can insert it directly from the library.

I wonder who that user is? :P

This is fantastic news, I’m doing a brand new web site now for the first time with your Framework (was with RocketTheme before) and I uninstall JD Builder for that simple reason that it was not possible to use it in Joomla article edition.

For me it make no sens to force website administrators/editors to use and learn different editors to edit any type of content in Joomla.

ONLY ONE OTHER JOOMLA BUILDER have that primordial ability but (to me anyway) have other important shortcomings. I was going to use my Trusted JCE (Now with a bootstrap column systems) to construct my site.

OK, THIS IS A GAME CHANGER, I WANT TO KNOW MORE.......

Do you have some documentation or video ?????????????????

I’M STOPPING EVERYTHING AND WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER.....
— If the integration is well made and the edition experience is identical in articles, modules and other Joomla content and knowing the quality of your products, that can be a revolution for Joomla.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Super Excited - JD Builder can be use in article! — More infos please? 1 week 1 day ago #25152

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
BIG DECEPTION :pinch:

I download the last free version and still no clean and real possibility to edit an article with JD Builder like that other Builder I talk about.

I explain:

1. Whatever “Article integration” is available in JD Builder, it is not a part of the FREE version?
— I’m sorry but Joomla have article and these article need an editor and that editor need to be the exact same experience in ALL type of Joomla content - Modules or Articles or whatever else — If your free version is unable to edit Joomla articles it is simply not ready to be use on Joomla.

2. I search some video or article or video to see that “Integration” that let you edit Joomla articles.......... The only thing I find is that documentation page and it’s video — docs.joomdev.com/article/joomla-article-integration-pro/
and, to my deception, what JoomlaDev call an integration is exactly the same way when I first try the pro version and the only cause for me to ditch JD Builder in the first place.

In the backend article edition you DO NOT HAVE the same real WYSIWYG drag & drop visual editor as the JDBuilder front-end. What you get (in the normal article edition) is a bunch of drag and drop blank blocks that represent absolutely nothing for the average site editors.
To be able to edit the article with the full PageBuilder you need to quit the normal Joomla Article edition and edit in the frontend. That Jump pull you out of the great Joomla article or module edition, making that part of Joomla useless.

Other Joomla PageBuilder did the exact same stuff that obligate you to do your content edition in a total other way that the one intended by Joomla. Only one other major Joomla name build a builder/editor that respect Joomla and another one (that I try also) but a little bit unknow put picking up steam on Joomla.

This is the editor JD Builder want you to use inside Joomla articles:

Even Wordpress and Gutember know that, you need the same experience of edition EVERYWHERE — We are in the era of WYSIWYG and Drag & drop

See the difference with a GOOD “Page Builder/Editors (like the 2 I’m talking about)
1— In the frontend (Just like JD), in articles or modules, you get a great modern WYSIWYG drag&drop editor.
2— When you create an article (in Joomla —> New Article) you have 2 choice of editors (just like JD) the onboard editor or the Page Builder
3 — THE BIG DIFFERENCE is that wen you choose the Page/builder editor for your article, you simply start to edit your article WITH THE EXACT SAME PAGE BUILDER, when saving, you still end up (like a normal editor like JCE) in the friendly Joomla Article edition , same with modules.
No need for any other interface that your trusty Joomla and only one editor to master for your Joomla site.

After that deception, I decide to re-test the Page-Builder made by a well known Joomla company and help them. Kind of sad because I will still use Joomdev for my templates/framework — No doubt about that — I try them all before choosing and I don’t regret it. Sadly this is not the the same for JDBuilder...

custom.scss : cleaning cache in Joomla necessary to see the effects ? 1 week 7 hours ago #25190

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 605
We hear you :)

Alright, so we know the backend experience of JD builder in article/modules isn't near to what we want it to be and it's something that's on our radar. The end result will have a 10x Faster live editing experience and it will be same in the fronted/modules/articles/JD builder and gives you the ability to drag n drop and live edit everything right within the preview itself.

It's coming and it's going to be a game changer for folks(just like yourself) to starting using JD builder over other products.
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

custom.scss : cleaning cache in Joomla necessary to see the effects ? 6 days 11 hours ago #25201

• Chacapamac
  • Premium Member
Great News Chetan! z
It's coming and it's going to be a game changer for folks(just like yourself) to starting using JD builder over other products.

As I was saying, I try them all and ONLY 2 give you that possibility. One from an independent dev and one by a known Joomla extensions/templates developer.

I will try to give you an idea of how the backend edition work on these 2 Builders.
NOTE: They both are also available in Joomla frontend content (Modules. Articles...)

STEP 1 — Click/choose an article in normal backend Joomla Article manager)

STEP 2 — In Joomla article edition, You choose the on-board editor (default) or the builder[/b]

STEP 3 — If you choose the on-board editor you can start to edit your article the good old way — If you choose the builder, a full window page appear with the builder and you can start your drag and drop edition (same than frontend).
— When you save, you go back to step one
— When you come back, in Joomla article manager, you can see (icon) what article was made with the on-board or the builder
— Clicking again bring you to normal article edition window wit a big button in the middle of the input window telling you that you need to edit this article with the builder.

That’s it,....

About your Placeholder view, maybe some people like that???, if you are planning pages or designing an overall look, I’m not sure why you will use this in comparaison of a full blown WYSIWYG drag & drop Editor, anyway....

I have an idea to keep it (if needed) — It can simply rest as a tab (like the code view tab) in the normal Joomla editor windows. Like that people can go to the placeholder view if needed or they simply start to edit again wit the builder.

WARNING! Your BBCode editor (SAY “Loading BBCode Editor...) and the image upload are not working on your forum...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 days 11 hours ago by Chacapamac.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds