fbpx

Biggest Sale of the Year - Save 60% Now!! Grab the Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules

Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules 2 weeks 2 days ago #25783

• dankra
I've been using Astroid Zero (and framework) for many months. I recently purchased and and started using JD Builder Pro. Both are great tools but I'm not understanding where each of these tools are best applied and need some guidance. I have a site that was built with the Astroid Zero but is now being redesigned. The site has many articles (and categories) published to the regions in Zero. Now that I have access to Blocks and Elements in JD, I'm trying to understand whether I can publish elements and blocks to the Zero template or do I have to build pages in JD to use Elements and Blocks? Is there a guide or video that explains the difference between JD and Astroid platforms?

Also, I'm concerned about the SEO because this site currently at the top of it's rankings in Google and don't want to disturb this by moving too much into JD pages. Do I need to recreate the categories in JD Builder that are already in Joomla. I can't seem to find a good explanation and it does appear that the two products are duplicating (and/or competing) with certain capabilities. Please provide some feedback at your earliest convenience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules 2 weeks 2 days ago #25791

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 146
Hi,

Since you have been using Astroid for quite sometime now then you must be aware that it's a framework that supports the Astroid Templates. On the other hand JD Builder is a page builder using which you can create some attractive looking pages with the help of its elements. In simple terms to display JD Builder pages you need a framework, where Astroid can help you do that. For more info of each of these visit their pages: Astroid & JD Builder

Now talking about Blocks and Elements, those are used in JD Builder. You can publish content in builder in 2 ways via menu & via module. To know more about how that works please read the documentation: docs.joomdev.com/category/jd-builder/

As far as the SEO settings are concerned they would remain unchanged. You can even set these under Page settings options.

Let us know if you have anymore doubts.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by nishtha.

Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules 1 day 16 hours ago #26011

• dankra
Is there a way to place a JD Builder Element into a Joomla Module for use on Articles pages? I'd like to use JD Builder to create the content for a custom module then have that published to certain pages only. Please advise, thanks

Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules 17 hours 13 minutes ago #26024

• Sch
Sure,
JD Builder has a module with exactly this function.

Here is the documentation:
docs.joomdev.com/article/jd-builder-module/

Explain JD Builder, Astroid, Blocks, Elements, Modules 3 hours 23 minutes ago #26032

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 146
Hi,

Yes we do using the JD Builder Module, same as what @Sch is saying.
Also refer to the documentation for the same.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds