fbpx

Biggest Sale of the Year - Save 60% Now!! Grab the Deal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Main Menu Weird Issue...

Main Menu Weird Issue... 1 week 2 days ago #25881

• mgagne2
Could someone explain what the database schema is related to jdbuilder pages, menu items, modules and assets? I initially started with JDBoston quickstart as a base for staging before a fresh install for production. It started with a flickering 404 live preview in backend page builder. Cloning the page works fine (despite assigning it to a menu item) until it is saved. Going back in to edit it it starts spinning again. NOTE: This is all very recent without any change.

Yes I know it is menu related (since that is how Joomla works). Maybe coincidence but do you have Home reserved as any pages named Home or Home (copy), etc.. wont work. Removing the template and assigning a JDPage menu item to it leaves new modules showing up but a page not found no matter what. There is a bug somewhere either in one of the extensions or a malalignment in the database lft/rgt. Its driving me mad.

I am seasoned in Joomla which is why I am curious more so than just re-install. While debugging I started one-by-one removing extensions where I found a continuous loop (still have not determined the cause).

Is it related to one of your modules? NOTE: JD Skillset wont update. Returns call to a member function null.
Old package conflicting?
ACL issue on menu or Language? I mention language because debugging language found parse errors which I fixed.
Template overrides?

I would appreciate anything you can offer before I start my production site install so I know this wont pop up down the line.
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by mgagne2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Main Menu Weird Issue... 1 week 2 days ago #25883

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 611
Hi,

All the layout information is stored into #__jdbuilder_layouts for modules, Pages and even articles built with JD Builder.

The spinning issue is something we have seen before (several times) and happens whenever there is a issue with SEF URL. If you disable SEF url's, chances are, it will most likely work fine. I have seen sites where the issue exists only because the site has sh404sef installed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Main Menu Weird Issue... 1 week 1 day ago #25888

• mgagne2
Thanks Chetan. I did a var_dump in the BuildElement class since I know its related to layout. Does this give any deeper clue to the issue?
object(JDPageBuilder\Element\Layout)#1928 (15) { ["sections"]=> array(0) { } ["id"]=> string(11) "jdb-layout-" ["params"]=> object(Joomla\Registry\Registry)#2183 (3) { ["data":protected]=> object(stdClass)#2221 (0) { } ["initialized":protected]=> bool(false) ["separator"]=> string(1) "." } ["type"]=> NULL ["visibility"]=> bool(true) ["tag":protected]=> string(3) "div" ["classes":protected]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(11) "jdb-layout-" [1]=> string(9) "jdbuilder" } ["attributes":protected]=> array(0) { } ["parent"]=> NULL ["authorised"]=> bool(true) ["style"]=> NULL ["childStyles"]=> array(0) { } ["indexMode"]=> bool(false) ["itemType"]=> string(6) "module" ["itemID"]=> string(3) "291" }

Note these are sprinkled all across the pages related to modules..

Main Menu Weird Issue... 1 week 1 day ago #25889

• mgagne2
Thanks for giving me a focus area. I had SEF disabled, enabling it made the home page to start working. I don't want to close this topic yet as I have a few more questions. If you need a separate post let me know.

Are there any extensions with known issues or no longer supported?

I am starting my production build and want to make note prior to each one and knowing this will allow me to keep a lookout at htaccess should I need to add rules.

Main Menu Weird Issue... 6 days 7 hours ago #25947

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 611
Just the SEF in general, everything else flows pretty smoothly.

If you want to post new topics for other issues, that'd keep things in an organized fashion.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds