Hours
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 1 month 5 days ago #26671

• dankra
  • Thank you received: 1
If I want to use target shadow box for button links within an element how would I achieve that result. Previously on the site I was using JCE popup for links but they don't seem to work since adding JD Builder. I would like a contact form display without leaving the page or new window. Example:
https://calendly.com/nurtureculturescott/discovery-phone-call" target="_blank" rel="noopener" type="iframe" class="jcepopup zoom-right" rev="stylesheet" data-mediabox="1"
Last Edit: 4 weeks 10 hours ago by dankra.
The topic has been locked.

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 1 month 4 days ago #26702

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 176
Hi,

Sorry but this is a little unclear can you please be a little more elaborative with screenshots or references maybe.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Popup / Lightbox on Element Buttons 4 weeks 2 days ago #26821

• dankra
Ok I'll try to be more elaborative.

This lightbox feature when turned on prevents other lightbox feature from working on hyperlinks. You can see examples of the JCE solution here. As stated I had this installed for some time and it worked beautifully until I installed JD Builder.

If this is a conflict with the scripts please advise how to remedy.
  1. Do I need to deactivate one of the scripts?
  2. Can the JD Lightbox feature be added to links and buttons if I deactivate the JCE Mediabox plugin?
  3. Do I need to ADD the JCE script to the template?
BTW I find that too many times I must keep asking for help on the same topic or solve this myself. Is there any possibility of having better communication or review for these requests. And, it is quite often 12-18 hours between responses.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by dankra.

Popup / Lightbox on Element Buttons 4 weeks 1 day ago #26862

• nishtha
Hi,

Can you please share the site link where they are conflicting. We are not able to recreate your issue completely.

And as far as the communication is concerned we try to answer back the queries within 24hrs. There definitely will be some difference in time because of different time zones & working hours maybe.

But we'll try to get better next time!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 4 weeks 1 day ago #26876

• dankra
Can someone please just tell me how to have the JDLightbox work on buttons (with both internal and external links) same as your Photo Gallery. If someone could just supply the custom CSS that would be very helpful. Here is the link to a page with JCE MediaBox working in a JDBuilder page (see text slide 1.) Here is another link (see Schedule Discovery Call today!) that contains the exact same code which doesn't perform. The only difference this second example is not in JDBuilder page.

NOTE: I am very exasperated by these constant back and forth messages. In my last message I asked (3) questions. Not one of them were answered. IF JDLightbox script is in conflict with another script I will deactivate the other one. It doesn't matter which one I'm using the result will be the same. IF I must keep sending links to show where it's in conflict I will spend my entire days explaining what could be remedied with a code snippet from the professionals. Just PLEASE tell me if a button can trigger a Lightbox with custom CSS and if it's not too much trouble could you provide the example. Thanks you!

JD Builder v1.10.1
Astroid Framework 2.4.7
Astroid Package 2.2.3
Astroid Plugin 2.4.7
astroid_template_zero 2.4.2
JCE MediaBox 2 Plugin v2.1.1
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by dankra.

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 4 weeks 19 hours ago #26896

• nishtha
Hi,

Firstly both the links you shared and the buttons you suggested nowhere can we see the popups opening(www.screencast.com/t/48xTGCyYr), so please provide us a working example then only we can tell you about the scripts.

Secondly no you cannot use JD Lightbox on buttons or any links. As mentioned in the documentation it is only for images & videos.

Next if you want to use the popups on the buttons or anywhere else then you can write your own custom code using Bootstrap modal popup.

Let us know for more!

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 4 weeks 10 hours ago #26908

• dankra
Nishtha

YOU ARE CORRECT! The link on the Manifesto page (Screen shot #3) doesn't work but is IDENTICAL to the one in the Slideshow (see screen shot #1) and this one DOES work. This has been my question for sooo many times now. I have been using JCE Slimbox with Astroid template for the past year. Then when I install JDBuilder and new Astroid updates it stops working on Astroid pages, but it is working on JD Builder pages.

You can see another working example on THIS JD Builder page. (see second screen shot #2)
Attachments:

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 3 weeks 2 days ago #27004

• nishtha
Hi,

Did you delete these files jui, vendor folder and script.js file (Path: astroid_template_zero/js/) after you updated to Astroid 2.4?

Please follow solution#1 in this document and then let us know the results.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by nishtha.

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 3 weeks 2 days ago #27007

• dankra
Thank you @Nishtha I wasn't aware this document existed and had not seen it posted as an Update requirement / consideration. I will have a look at these and report back. It's always a little disconcerting when I have to go back and make changes/deletions to previously installed files on a LIVE working site. I can't afford to break a client's site when LIVE!

Popup / Shadowbox on Element Buttons 3 weeks 1 day ago #27017

• nishtha
Yes we do completely understand your concern, that's why we usually suggest to make changes first on a test site and then live in case anything goes wrong the actual work is not affected. But that's also can't be the case every time when it comes to other clients and work urgencies.

We will try to improvise on this next time, by making people more aware whenever there is a big release or anything. Till then let us know the results on your query.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

• Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds