fbpx

REPUBLIC DAY SALE

FLAT 40% OFF

Days
Hours
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function?

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 6 days ago #26933

Hello, i'm currently building a new website on a JD Builder pro setup to replace the current website: BimmerPortal
I'm using:
Joomla: 3.9.23
JD Builder pro: 1.11.2
I'm using the zero template, the website is currently on my WAMP server.

The thing i don't understand is how you build a blog section in your website. I want to have a few news items on the homepage, like the current website. I can make a category in JD, but i can't choose a menu button like blog, to point to a JD category, only to a single article.

The other option is to use the Joomla category, make a menu item and choose blog, but i can't select a 'read more' option in Joomla articles build with the JD Builder Pro. Am i missing a step, please help me out, it looks like i'm waisting time, and i want to make it easer for our editors, that's why i choose to built a new website :(
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by APEXCreative.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 4 days ago #26948

• MDScheitlin
  • Thank you received: 1
I have this same question. I am also using JD Builder Pro. There must be an easier way to show multiple blog (category) articles and have the next set of them show up on the next blog page. Just like Joomla does - first page has say, seven articles, then the user clicks on the navigation at the bottom for the next set of seven articles.
I cannot find a way to get all of my articles to continually cycle from 1-7, then 8-14, then 15-21, and so on.
It would be really handy if I could create a menu and select JD Builder, Category, Blog. Instead, I only have the option to choose, JD Builder, Single Article. Or, the standard way of choosing The Joomla Blog Category - but this leaves only a base article, not my fancy JD Builder designed articles with the floating stars.
Thank you for your help. I look forward to your further guidance on this matter.
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: APEXCreative

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 4 days ago #26950

Hi Michael, it's good to read your reply, i thought is was missing something. A basic blog option should be used by a lot of people that use Joomla.

Can someone of the Joomdev team give us a reply how to work with this?

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 4 days ago #26960

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 622
Hello Both,

Just to make sure I understand what you are looking for? You want a category blog/list layout for JD Builder items and NOT Joomla articles.

Right?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 3 days ago #26971

• MDScheitlin
Chetan,

Thank you for the quick response.
Regarding your question, in short, the answer is yes. The option to use a category blog/list layout would be great.

My main goal is to use the JD Builder background, particles and adjustability of layout, with the article navigation features of the Joomla category blog/list layout.

One thing I was able to do was show multiple articles (with the JD particles) using the JD Builder "Joomla Articles" (plural) plugin vs. the Joomla Article plugin (single article) - note, I think "plugin" is the correct term. However, the number of articles that show up does not use a navigation feature at the bottom like Joomla does, so I cannot get to the rest of the articles, whether JD or Joomla articles.
I did find a way (from within JD Builder) to add a Read More feature which points to the blog category, but that only shows the same set of articles.

To recap. Blog navigation to additional articles and using the JD Builder features like particles. If that can only be done via JD articles, that’s fine.

Hopefully that helps.
Michael

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 3 days ago #26975

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 622
Hi Michael,

Thanks, that explains it. So you want to use the Joomla articles listing (as possible with JD Builder) but have pagination at the bottom.

The pagination part is a little tricky as that's where Joomla takes over but it may be something that can be done with Ajax. Let me run it by the Dev team and get back to you with more info.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 3 days ago #26982

• dankra
I'm also interested here, as I have both Featured Articles and Blogs in a JD Builder Articles block on homepage but want a Go TO Blogs button at bottom of those blocks to drive to those specific category pages.

I'm also finding a slight disconnect between the styling of the template versus the pages in JD Builder. I know it's two different methods for handling content, but it would be awesome if you could build out template styling in JD Builder and have Joomla content assume the layout style assigned. Similar to overrides that have been avail. in Joomla.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by dankra.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 2 days ago #27008

• dankra
Does this mean that @Chetan will not be considering this feature for the dev team?

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 4 days ago #26949

Bunnelll wrote:
Check out our affordable page builder membership plans and upgrade to JD Builder Pro. free version but JD Builder Pro offers you more advanced page builder elements
What do you mean? I have JD Builder pro, did you read my text or the title?
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by APEXCreative.

How do i make a blog section with JD Builder Pro - but with a intro text / read more function? 3 weeks 2 days ago #27003

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 176
Hi,

That was a spam, please ignore that.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds